The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

We tend to call more than 2 cats “a bunch £&*#holes” in this house….especially our own when we had two… 😺

Well, if they will walk around with their tails stuck up in the air...

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

Mia was out in the shaded part of the garden just after noon when I left for work. She's slightly dim but will find a cool spot when necessary.

Anyhoo, she was inside when I got home and doesn't seem to be any worse for it , thankfully.

C6T.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Little brother brought two Australian rescue cats back with him in 2016. He reports that he hasn't seen them so outdoors active since they arrived in the UK.

40 degrees? Must be Christmas. Cats like king prawns.

• Like 3

I posted this in the Gamer's Lounge but might be of interest to those of you who like cats but don't partake of such things.

Cat video game Stray is getting positive reviews more or less across the board (some performance issues on PC apparently) from humans, reaction from those with more in common with the title's protagonist are rather harder to fathom:

https://kotaku.com/stray-playstation-ps4-ps5-pc-cyberpunk-cat-game-kitties-1849195773

C6T.

Tilly having turned 12, her vet recommended she go onto cat food for elderly cats (high quality and easily digestible protein).  So I tried her out with a packet of Royal Canin 12+ (only variety of Senior cat food my pet shop sells).  Much to my great surprise, she ate it all - 1st time she has eaten cat food that is not fish based for years.  Noticed that the ingredients did include "Molluscs and crustaceans", so I took a risk and went and bought a weeks supply and to my even greater surprise, she is still eating it!  She is still on 50:50 normal to senior food at the moment so as  her stomach gets used to it.

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 2

4 hours ago, BrushVeteran said:

Well their tails have cleaned the kitchen floor where they eat but it is they that bring all the stuff in on them!.............thinking of fitting a tail brush fitted to the cat flap!

or you coud build a model of this, about 1:12 scale should be about right

image.png.000cb78c1ecb62aa304f05f9ee851216.png

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

5 hours ago, Classsix T said:

I posted this in the Gamer's Lounge but might be of interest to those of you who like cats but don't partake of such things.

Cat video game Stray is getting positive reviews more or less across the board (some performance issues on PC apparently) from humans, reaction from those with more in common with the title's protagonist are rather harder to fathom:

https://kotaku.com/stray-playstation-ps4-ps5-pc-cyberpunk-cat-game-kitties-1849195773

C6T.

im currently following a vtuber streaming this, it looks amazing

• RMweb Premium

I'm concerned for the psychological effect this game is having on the cats. It's clearly tantamount to home invasion for some of them. Anyway, human, why are you giving all your attention to these in-game cats when you've got a real cat here ready to suck up your attention? 

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 23/07/2022 at 12:31, eastglosmog said:

Tilly having turned 12, her vet recommended she go onto cat food for elderly cats (high quality and easily digestible protein).  So I tried her out with a packet of Royal Canin 12+ (only variety of Senior cat food my pet shop sells).  Much to my great surprise, she ate it all - 1st time she has eaten cat food that is not fish based for years.  Noticed that the ingredients did include "Molluscs and crustaceans", so I took a risk and went and bought a weeks supply and to my even greater surprise, she is still eating it!  She is still on 50:50 normal to senior food at the moment so as  her stomach gets used to it.

We switched ours to Royal Canin when Clyde was ill and had to be on prescription food, and we've been quite happy with it - and the cats seem to like it, which is probably the most important thing! More expensive than the mass-market brands admittedly, but still cheaper than most of the 'premium' ones...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 25/07/2022 at 11:47, Nick C said:

We switched ours to Royal Canin when Clyde was ill and had to be on prescription food, and we've been quite happy with it - and the cats seem to like it, which is probably the most important thing! More expensive than the mass-market brands admittedly, but still cheaper than most of the 'premium' ones...

With Tilly needing less of the expensive Royal Canin, I think we have just about broken even, expense wise!

Anyway, here is a picture of her eating it.  She is rather a messy eater and I usually have to clean her mane and clear up after her.

501995719_TillyhavingdinnerP1010333.JPG.a7061856255a4841541434536678b080.JPG

• Like 15