RMweb

On Cats

didcot

9 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

As a cat person I can't believe I've never contributed to this thread, so here's 'my' cat Lola personifiying* the word 'chilled'last weekend:-

8 image.png.9958ca284de2d51696e08306fa8d911c.png

* In a cat sense

How dare you withhold such a lovely looking mog, consider yourself reprimanded...and more pics please!

C6T 

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Some cats on vacs .

Good grief!

I know cats are lazy but that's ridiculous.

...and I just know that when I get home, I would be greeted with (expecting) Food; Love; Food; attention; Food; etc - with the cat claiming it cleaned the place!

Kev.

• Funny 3

10 hours ago, Hobby said:

All this talk of turntables but where's the piccie of the cat going round and round on one?!

Hmm. One of my sisters bought "me" a cat toy turntable one Xmas.

The platter (corrugated card wrapped into a disc) was supposed to substitute for a scratching post and I think the stylus arm was some play thing too.

As anyone who knows cats can attest, the more thought that goes into these things the more disinterested moggy is likely to be...as proved to be the case.

Various felines have enjoyed a nap atop the dust covers of my Technics but I don't think I was ever small minded enough to plonk one on a revolving deck, "for the lolz".

C6T.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Classsix T said:

How dare you withhold such a lovely looking mog, consider yourself reprimanded...and more pics please!

C6T 

OK so more photos of the menagerie at Spamcan Towers ;-) Here;s Lola again, posing on top of a loudspeaker (Tannoy Mercury M2 for speaker spotters)  whilst contemplating shoving the plant pot on to the floor;-)

image.png.991fc22335836d0ba50f28f86e318ae1.png

Here's me indulging in some cat therapy, on the left we have Timothy, he's about 12 now and has dodgy kidneys, he was rescued by my eldest daughter having lived in the loft space of the pub she was working in for about a year. His previous owner had split up from her partner had had to move into a flat with no pets allowed, so he ended up living in the loft space at the pub the owner worked in with my daughter. He's still pretty agile, bags a rat now and again and even the very occasional squirrel.

image.png.6731e6187a8abcf675477530ef02e13b.png

Lola's on my lap and on the right is her late sister Beau, they were about 9 years old when I came down to the lounge and Beau was stone cold on the floor, no idea what killed her :-( . The pair of them were again rescued by my eldest daughter when a few weeks old, can't remember the exact circumstances, i just come home to find more pets than when I left lol.

Next we have Roxy, 'helping' me with my work laptop. She was rescued by my eldest daughter (..again) when she was too young to be away from her mother, the vet didn't think she'd make it through the night but she did and has been OK ever since. We reckon she's got a slight jaw deformity because she's a very messy drinker and slow eater.

image.png.4d737ae66d38f9a5501498a3cc1ddc29.png

Unfortunately Lola and Roxy don't play nice, so Timmy and Lola live downstairs, Roxy upstairs, with the stairs as a sort of DMZ.

We also have a parrot that hates me, you can guess who rescued him, his name is Squeak because he likes emitting very loud high pitched squeaks at random.

image.png.b9a69d6303118745e0f92d746441fb2b.png

OK this is turning into war and peace lol, there's also the faithful hound Charlie, acquired via Dorset Dog rescue (as advertised on Watchdog ...) a decade ago.

charlie3.jpg.fdfaa217480161a0d4d8261ce88c8e95.jpg

Then there's 6 chickens, 3 rescue and 3 white leghorns.

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

KatoSausageRoll.jpg.c4a9440521221046a405d3782ee1fa8c.jpg

Cat 1, inadequately secured sausage roll 0!

Only a paper bag?  One of ours can prize open the lid of a box of cat food sachets; pull out one or two sachets(according to his perceived level of hunger); chew and claw his way into said sachets and then devour the contents.

An already opened box has be kept shut by barricading the flap.

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A friend related the following to me from Twitter, so it might not be entirely accurate, but a guy takes his (unspecified make of) pet to the vet for some or other treatment. The only other person in the waiting area is a very austere looking gentleman with two cat carrying cases. The vet enters the room and, asking for the next client by the name of their pets, declaims "Scharnhorst and Bismarck". At which, the austere gentleman rises from his seat and casts a withering look at the other guy, who (through his unexpected bout of giggling), just manages to ask "Are they here to be Graf Spee'd?"

• Like 2
  • Funny 10

Ruby was voted "Pet most likely to interupt a Teams call" in the annual work team jokey awards yesterday. She has also gained a Harrods bowl that a neighbour was giving away and has since become a bit if a diva....

20221220_171641.jpg.4b1df6da4bbf13f1c7df4f4e4e245ca1.jpg

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1