Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

On Cats

didcot

38 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

Jareth is not so good at sitting for a photo as Pandora 

IMG_0078.jpeg.0718d1c3bcc67f018c80a40723adff79.jpeg

I disagree Andi, Jareth just isn't going for the hackneyed 'passport photo' pose (whilst a human makes noises to make mog look at the camera - "You ain't the boss of me."). And good for him!

C6T.

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Classsix T said:

I disagree Andi, Jareth just isn't going for the hackneyed 'passport photo' pose (whilst a human makes noises to make mog look at the camera - "You ain't the boss of me."). And good for him!

C6T.

He was far more interested in scent marking the chair and when I was going to give him more food (his biscuits are already in his bowl!)

Andi

Edited by Dagworth
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Pandora doesn't care whether there's anything in the box. 

She just wants you to open it so that she can sit in it.

IMG_3055.jpeg.c65b71e6668ca860394a96901914acfb.jpeg

CPC : Contains Pandora Cat 

• Like 14
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

I take it he's not known as Adolf at home. We did have a big bully bruiser throwing his weight around last year, whom we called Putin, but now our back-garden is three-way disputed territory between neighbouring cats, our own Daisy having timorously quit the field. 

• Friendly/supportive 9

47 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I take it he's not known as Adolf at home. We did have a big bully bruiser throwing his weight around last year, whom we called Putin, but now our back-garden is three-way disputed territory between neighbouring cats, our own Daisy having timorously quit the field. 

Sounds like our Daisy. 

And she's a Croatian Sheepdog - they have a good reputation for herding sheep and cattle.  Not so good at herding cats!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

This is Adolf. Adolf doesn't live here, but would like to. Adolf's friend would also like to live here, but he doesn't. Adolf and his friend are not happy...

IMG_6392.JPG.0ee831fb01c8ff84918a959fc63bad9f.JPG

Hmmm, he does bear a slight resemblance. Is the gray one Herman? He is somewhat fat! 😉

• Round of applause 4
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

This came up in my YouTube feed this morning, have replayed it a hundred times and has had me chuckling most of the day:

Frankly much better than 95% of what I hear on the radio these days and oh! The poignancy of those lyrics! "I'm cold, hungry, and I want to come in.."

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, TT-Pete said:

Merlin, the station cat, at Kimberley Park station on the Mid-Norfolk Railway last weekend

IMG_6093.JPG.5ac05097f2ceeee08743dc70f9912cdc.JPG

IMG_6100.JPG.867d7702af885312d7c4eee173c14470.JPG

Sadly, no trains at Kimberley Park or Wymondham Abbey stations due to engineering works on the Mid Norfolk Railway. As soon as trains are running the full length of the line I will make my first visit to the MNR for far too long.

• Friendly/supportive 2

6 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Sadly, no trains at Kimberley Park or Wymondham Abbey stations due to engineering works on the Mid Norfolk Railway. As soon as trains are running the full length of the line I will make my first visit to the MNR for far too long.

Last weekend there was a vintage bus rally at Dereham with a loop service running between Hardingham and County School and a Pacer shuttle between Hardingham and Dereham, I'll be posting photos from the day in the Preservation section when I've finished editing them. The service is suspended between Kimberley Park - Wymondham due to rotten bridge timbers which alone cost £40k and may not be replaced in time for running this season, so you may have a while longer to wait...

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, TT-Pete said:

Last weekend there was a vintage bus rally at Dereham with a loop service running between Hardingham and County School and a Pacer shuttle between Hardingham and Dereham, I'll be posting photos from the day in the Preservation section when I've finished editing them. The service is suspended between Kimberley Park - Wymondham due to rotten bridge timbers which alone cost £40k and may not be replaced in time for running this season, so you may have a while longer to wait...

I also have been led to believe that it could be next year before they can run the full length of the line which is great pity but I keep checking the MNR website and look forward to paying the line a visit once they have completed the works.

• RMweb Gold
On 17/05/2023 at 14:37, Compound2632 said:

You should get the vet's opinion on those pointy ears - they may not turn out for the best.

I spoke to the vet this morning, she said there’s nothing to be concerned about, Pan is on the right track. 

Andi

• Like 6
  • Funny 1

On 17/05/2023 at 14:38, Rugd1022 said:

This is Adolf. Adolf doesn't live here, but would like to. Adolf's friend would also like to live here, but he doesn't. Adolf and his friend are not happy...

IMG_6392.JPG.0ee831fb01c8ff84918a959fc63bad9f.JPG

Glad to see you are taking part in No Mow May!

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, eastglosmog said:

Glad to see you are taking part in No Mow May!

My back yard:

202310maybackyardflowers-004.jpg.69d9fd59941a8f213d7f5c8bedc8fcc5.jpg

202310maybackyardflowers-006.jpg.f7d6f438645dd7719d5127814d9b28fc.jpg

202310maybackyardflowers-011.jpg.00b7b38b54f01a4837395b3674e1d438.jpg

A close-up of the yellow flowers:

202310maybackyardflowers-014.jpg.078acf9593acb59faf4ab89cca9c1fb9.jpg

2023 10 may back yard flowers-008.jpg

There are daisies on the far right that I do not have photos of,  just this poor one:

202310maybackyardflowers-010.jpg.00da580d6070026b7dbdaaacb44b7d18.jpg

Note that when the flowers all deadhead and the seeds drop, the area will revert to a mowed lawn. The Good Lord gave these flowers to me to enjoy and I will. They come up every year, too.

Edited by J. S. Bach
To add some information.
  • Like 10