RMweb

On Cats

didcot

2 hours ago, Harlequin said:

Everyone, meet "Laddie":

image.png.c09236747ff44a1b6eb1bdb31396e056.png

He's an Abyssinian of uncertain origins. He has the golden sandy colour with ticking of a "usual" but also some stripes that suggest there's a bit of tabby in him.

He's very friendly and talkative but he's a big unit and he lived on the mean streets of Cardiff for a few months. You can see he's the sort of cat who can look after himself.

I can't call him "Laddie" forever, though. He needs a suitable name. "Jones"? "Ponsonby"? "Taffy"? "Denzil"? Maybe something more leonine? Any good suggestions?

Looking at the eyes & claws.

Seems like he's about to make you an offer you can't refuse 😬

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, didcot said:

Called our tabby Pepper as it seemed to be her colour.

20210108_183144.jpg.3b06562da7497295a8f6d19c6e79363e.jpg

I want to reach into the screen and give her a great, big hug!

Edited by J. S. Bach
To change "him" to "her"
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

She is a little sweetheart and has been on my lap all evening.

She adopted us as a kitten Christmas 2015. Her owner was away alot and left food in the garage for her. I opened the back door one cold evening and she was sat on the doorstep rather cold and hungry. 10 minutes later she was curled up with the other 5 in front of the fire.

Her owner had her "done" and asked us to look after her. When we moved in 2016 he let us take her as she had moved in permanently. Out of all the cats we've had over the years she and Max are the only ones to be solely my lap cats. Both constant companions a few years ago when I was off sick for 6 months. My wife has always had the lap cats previously. 

Edited by didcot
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Harlequin said:

Everyone, meet "Laddie":

I can't call him "Laddie" forever, though. He needs a suitable name. "Jones"? "Ponsonby"? "Taffy"? "Denzil"? Maybe something more leonine? Any good suggestions?

Off the wall , Snowy .

• Like 1

He has the look of a Gethin. Talented flanker from the valleys shunned by friends and family when he took the money and signed for Salford or St Helens. Now in more enlightened times he.has come home with tales to tell and memories to dream.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

When we had a cat, sorry, when a cat adopted us as her slaves (don't know who the cat really belong to or it's 'real' name), it spent most of the day with us and ate most of its meals with us, we named her 'Riley' - because she lived the life of Riley. 

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

adoptedcat.jpg.ade436e4314d835e3f71a20fe7741637.jpg

Summarises someone I work with. She put one of her cats in a home because it wouldn't settle into her new home after only two weeks, when her other cat did. Then went out and got another.

• Friendly/supportive 4