Scalescenes wishlist

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love a really good victorian Lancashire cotton mill. Not a complete one in one download, just some elements that could be printed off to join together to make a large or small one as required.

Things like the engine house, chimney entrance doors, arch over the gate outside, lift tower (with a fancy top!) and editable names to blend in the brickwork along the top of the wall and down the chimney.

Plenty of layers to the brickwork and even a large horizontal steam engine (or representation of one!).

I pass a superb one in Preston if you need piccies...

Jon F.

• Like 1

I'd love a really good victorian Lancashire cotton mill. Not a complete one in one download, just some elements that could be printed off to join together to make a large or small one as required.

Things like the engine house, chimney entrance doors, arch over the gate outside, lift tower (with a fancy top!) and editable names to blend in the brickwork along the top of the wall and down the chimney.

Plenty of layers to the brickwork and even a large horizontal steam engine (or representation of one!).

I pass a superb one in Preston if you need piccies...

Jon F.

Ditto a West Riding sotne-built woollen mill please - see Marsden, Slaithwaite, Bradford etc.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Ditto a West Riding sotne-built woollen mill please - see Marsden, Slaithwaite, Bradford etc.

Ian

I'd echo the enthusiasm for mills. Either side of t'hill works for me..

How about a multi-storey car park? As these are usually somewhat modular in design, it would enable a large structure to be constructed with relatively few parts to design.

John already has plans to release a Low-Relief Multi-Storey Car Park. According to http://www.scalescenes.com/upcoming-kits-page he's hoping to have it released by the end of the year.

Hi John

Just started usimg your kits and very impressed!

For my money I would like to see:

! A proper large road/rail girder bridge to cross a large station eg Bishops road Paddington

2. a smaller 1900-1930 style cargo ship.

3 A Georgian tennement similar to those in London'Bath and Bristol ( an I'm sure elsewhere too!)

Keep up the good work

Brian Patterson

How about a multi-storey car park? As these are usually somewhat modular in design, it would enable a large structure to be constructed with relatively few parts to design.

John already has plans to release a Low-Relief Multi-Storey Car Park. According to http://www.scalescen...oming-kits-page he's hoping to have it released by the end of the year.

Remember also that John has already produced low relief flats - http://www.scalescen...ow-Relief-Flats - and I suspect this kit, perhaps along with roads and pavements - http://www.scalescen...s-and-Pavements - could be easily adapted to produce a smart-looking car park from a similar era to the flats.

That said, I would second your request for a car park, with a modular/adjustable depth; it could allow quite a number of vehicles to be displayed on the layout without all the hassle of installing occupants for realism.

ATB

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

A stone road river bridge. I really don't fancy trying to scratchbuild one.

A more important request applying to all kits - extend the textures below ground to allow for embedding and road slopes.

• Like 4

Thought hit me as I was looking at the T026 Factory/Warehouse Kit... What about some form of Commercial and Industrial Office Interiors? Both Walling and Furniture being the general idea. Have looked through the other Kits for possible bits to use but there doesn't seem to be enough to work with

For some railway buildings, (stations, signal boxes, goods sheds etc) some editable downloads (at a bit higher cost,?) so we can change colours of paintwork, to suit the company/region or stone buildings (and sheets of stone) the ability to alter the colour of the stone to match the local product, (e.g. Cotswold is a lot different to Purbeck)

TIFF files would probably be best for this, JPGs don't retain enough definition when saved, as might be necessary if spreading the work over a number of sessions.

For some railway buildings, (stations, signal boxes, goods sheds etc) some editable downloads (at a bit higher cost,?) so we can change colours of paintwork, to suit the company/region or stone buildings (and sheets of stone) the ability to alter the colour of the stone to match the local product, (e.g. Cotswold is a lot different to Purbeck)

TIFF files would probably be best for this, JPGs don't retain enough definition when saved, as might be necessary if spreading the work over a number of sessions.

Hi Mike

I've come across several posts on here from EtchedPixels who would advise you to use GIMP as an editor for PDFs. I understand that it is possible to unlock a secured PDF, then play with it. Now I'm no expert, but EtchedPixels is, and I'm sure would be more than happy to help if you got in touch.

Cheers

Phil