Gill Head: Kirkby Luneside's neighbour

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Hi @Physicsman Jeff, I make that 10 months now with no activity! 
Checking in on you everything ok?

No mojo has returned I guess?

Not sold it or taken it apart I hope! ? 😄

Still busy processing a zillion megapixel images I suppose nothing wrong in that..

Cheers

Ade

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I can confirm Jeff is fit and well, just not doing any modelling at the moment. Tied up with astronomy. Hope Jeff doesn't mind me speaking for him?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Any progress Jeff? Surely you must have migrated back into what @Andrew P calls the Pit of Doom and away from those twinkly stars by now… 😃

Hope you are keeping well?

Rich

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good to hear from you Jeff!

Seems my poignant post top of the page was a close guess followed by Jay echoing that.

Then bless him and may he rest in peace, your good friend Jonathan pops in to update us.

Just to prove life is so short, grab everything you love and cherish with both hands while you can.

So in doing what makes you happy you are following the path!

Keep us updated Jeff and chuck a few of those dark sky photos on here for us to marvel at!

Cheers

Ade

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Good to hear you’re alright Jeff. I was only explaining the madness of your dry stone wall building technique to some chaps at Belper club a few nights ago. 
Looking forward to when you’re ready to get back in the saddle. 

Jay 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning Peter,

Well that’s just not good enough! Have you been over to check the dry stone walling around the viaduct for dust and missing stones. Maybe your telescope can be set up to give us a view of whatever your looking at from beside Gill Head??? 😂

Seriously, glad to hear your keeping well. I think we all go through bouts of zero interest, somebody said it’s called human nature! Enjoy your astronomy, our next door neighbour (sadly no longer with us) used to have a motorised telescope concreted into his shed, with a motorised roof opening. I put my Nikon D850 on there a few times and had some lovely images, but you know far more about it so can only imagine what you’ve been getting! Another vote for the odd image on the ‘Space from Gill Head Observatory’ thread!!! 

Long as you’re enjoying yourself. It’s like @Andrew P who’s doing very little modelling at the moment … something to do with making a lot of noise with a guitar, which has replaced the trains apparently. In all honesty he’s bloody good, having seen some of his Facebook videos! But don’t tell him I said so, wouldn’t want to push him further away from the trains!!!

As ever look forward to the updates when you have something to share Jeff.

take care

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Physicsman said:

So the two "hobbies" conflicted with devastating effect to the railway!

Hi Jeff,

I think I have guessed what you what you are up to!  

Are you building an observatory on top of one of the fells on Gill Head?  😊

Best wishes

Steve

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning Jeff 

See, its not just me bullying trying to tempt you back into the bunker. 😂. I am sure once your locos arrive back from re-gauging I'm sure you will make a triumphant return. 👍.

Steve.

PS. I've seen a lot of his moon images and the document he has produced and they are excellent. 👍👍👍. Top Work Jeff. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

So what we all need to know, Jeff, is whether the Moon is really made of cheese. I think we should be told...

This is what was found by the last person to the moon 

efdd4a10-a9be-4297-80a8-e742bf372b74.JPG.1af6a088edd5c34edebab948cdd065f4.JPG

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

I used to (seemingly) spend half my day in the Bunker, or on here. I can understand why after reading all your posts on this page.

I can't promise to visit frequently at the moment but can I, AGAIN, thank you for your posts. A real "welcome back" from all of you. And Peter, Gene Cernan has always been a hero of mine, following Apollo 10 and 17 (read the excellent "Last Man in the Moon" book by Cernan and Don Davis). Must admit, Steve's "photo" isn't quite how I remember him!

Ade, I'll get a few Moon pics on here over the weekend.

Jay, Rich, Steve (Gill Head too cloudy for an observatory!), John - your comments only help to boost my enthusiasm to start modelling again in the next few months.

As well as the re-gauged locos, there's a cattle dock, scenery and the (barely started) project to get on with.

Please feel free to add further comments. Thanks (yet) again!

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Good to know your O.K. in your self Jeff and keeping busy. Like you and alluded to by Rich, @MarshLane above, I have done very little on my "Tonleigh Bridge" project due to playing sometimes 3 nights a week and constantly having to learn new songs for backing Different performers, all in the name of F U N. I hope to see US BOTH back on here again soon mate.

Yes that is me hiding at the back.

U04-09-2023.jpg.d8697a188b2d1c07e9a966b1bfa41c6b.jpg

421952672_894636042666182_6460397984337925000_n.jpg.2a044c73b148ae861c021c78871b77b5.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Good to know your O.K. in your self Jeff and keeping busy. Like you and alluded to by Rich, @MarshLane above, I have done very little on my "Tonleigh Bridge" project due to playing sometimes 3 nights a week and constantly having to learn new songs for backing Different performers, all in the name of F U N. I hope to see US BOTH back on here again soon mate.

Yes that is me hiding at the back.

U04-09-2023.jpg.d8697a188b2d1c07e9a966b1bfa41c6b.jpg

421952672_894636042666182_6460397984337925000_n.jpg.2a044c73b148ae861c021c78871b77b5.jpg

How about  U toob link please, Andy?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

36 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

How about  U toob link please, Andy?

Thanks but all the open Mic nights are posted on Facebook, you will see some of mine on here =  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100052867200823  There are several, but you will need to scroll down a bit. I will post one here, but if Jeff  @Physicsman asks for it to be removed, I will. I hope it works

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02xQNcWH3tdiGL1nJsSMErYmukdH7GuEfjk1c82UzZudFZG4bH8f3T6XjC1aRbJz3nl&id=61553758602170

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks but all the open Mic nights are posted on Facebook, you will see some of mine on here =  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100052867200823  There are several, but you will need to scroll down a bit. I will post one here, but if Jeff  @Physicsman asks for it to be removed, I will. I hope it works

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02xQNcWH3tdiGL1nJsSMErYmukdH7GuEfjk1c82UzZudFZG4bH8f3T6XjC1aRbJz3nl&id=61553758602170

Cheers Andy, and apols to Jeff.

Now looking forward to more astro-photography and Gill Head action too!

• Like 3