New Class 156 Units

charliepetty

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, JohnR said:

Any news on a delivery date for these? The website says Q3 2022 - are they going to arrive in September?

That was our plan!!!!

But sadly China has a different plan, well they do have the new year in February!!!

We are waiting here for the Pre-Production sample to arrive, so we can check out all the electrics, assembly and new bodyshells, this sadly seems to be on a different warp speed to Star Trek, but we are where we are.

The Website will be amended when I can get a caculated guess from China, but Christmas sales look unlikely at the moment.  If this was an issue to RealTrack 'only' then I would be worried, but Hornby's shedules are all over the place too, along with many other manufacturers,

All I can do is say sorry, but the current delays on all things from China is poor at the moment.

When I have an update all of our customers with Pre-Orders will be told first, this will then be on here too.

Charlie

156412 Logo RT Website.jpg

NEW 15621.jpg

156211 Logo RT Website.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• 2 months later...

With the new units in Production and order quantities confirmed, we have the Pre-Order rankings:

1st:   Strathclyde PTE 156502 (Glasgow-Stranraer) Ref 156-211

2nd:  Stratyclyde PTE 156510 (Glasgow-Stirling) Ref 156-212

3rd:  Northern Midnight Blue 156464 (Clitheroe-Manchester)  Ref 156-421

4th:  Northern White (Revised Bodyshell)  156452 (Morcambe-Leeds) Ref 156411

5th:  Northern Midnight Blue 156440 (Sheffield-Hull) Ref 156422

6th:  Northern White (Revised Bodyshell)  156425 (Carlisle-Middlesborough) Ref 156-412

7th:  Strathclyde PTE 156508 (Glasgow-Carlisle via Dumfries) Ref 156-213

Deliveries expected 1st Quarter 2023.   

156202 Realtrack.jpg

156211 Strathclyde Logo RT Website.jpg

156411 Cab RT Website.jpg

156411 Northern-Bubbles-website.jpg

156421 CAB RT Website.jpg

156421 LH Side Proof.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A Realtrack models Strathclyde Unit seen on a Glasgow - Stranraer service as delivered without the 'Ploughs', this is the Dutch Celebrity that visited Holland during the summer of 1989 and was on display at the Dutch Railways 'NS 150' celebrations, it went to Holland under its own power. Thus in the Left Hand blind it has the NL sticker, this is still present today when in Saltire Livery.2001119195_Class156RealtrackonaGlas-Stranraerworking.jpg.b7019c990d23558a9506cb346891afc1.jpg

• Like 13

• 2 months later...
On 21/03/2023 at 13:39, cs233 said:

Grey seating in the Northern version? 

We love Grey Seats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have received for approval about 8 weeks ago 7 X Sets of Bodyshells and One Grey Seated chassis pair, (thus the Grey Seats, Well Spotted)

This morning as expected the 8 Fully finished two car units arrived, 'and approved' so they are leaving China shortly, there are:

RT156211  (Unit 156-502 Strathclyde PTE Livery 'Glasgow Central to Stranraer')  'Grey Seats'

RT156212  (Unit 156-510 Strathclyde PTE Livery 'Glasgow Central to Carlisle')  'Grey Seats'

RT156213  (Unit 156-508 Strathclyde PTE Livery 'Glasgow Queen St to Stirling')  'Grey Seats'

RT156411  (Unit 156-564 Northern Midnight Blue Livery 'Manchester to Clitheroe')  'Blue Seats'

RT156412  (Unit 156-540 Northern Midnight Blue Livery 'Sheffield to Hull')  'Blue Seats'

RT156422  (Unit 156-425 Northern White Livery 'Carlisle to Nunthorpe')  'Blue Seats'

RT156412  (Unit 156-540 Northern White Livery 'Morecambe to Leeds'')  'Blue Seats'

RT156000  Special Limited Edition for Rainbow Railways.

DSC_0357.JPG.8036094586b2096f8b0f4b28790eff3a.JPG

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 24/03/2023 at 09:09, charliepetty said:

Its not while later this year, wait a bit for them to get up and running with it, these will be popular I know.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Whats the best email address to contact you on regarding my order for one of these units - I've sent several emails to charlie@dckits.co.uk but had no response.

• 3 weeks later...

I know someone else have pointed out and Charlie have replied cost as an issue but can we seriously have proper marker lights? Since 3 years ago I have been battling myself to get the provincial and still, I came to a conclusion of I can't deal with that, and the LED style headlight bigger than taillight effect is the worst, it just looks wrong. I don't think anyone would complain too much even the old light configuration would make the model 30 quid above modern units (they probably will complain and still buy), but as it is you have saved me hundreds.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Volvo 740 Turbo said:

I know someone else have pointed out and Charlie have replied cost as an issue but can we seriously have proper marker lights? Since 3 years ago I have been battling myself to get the provincial and still, I came to a conclusion of I can't deal with that, and the LED style headlight bigger than taillight effect is the worst, it just looks wrong. I don't think anyone would complain too much even the old light configuration would make the model 30 quid above modern units (they probably will complain and still buy), but as it is you have saved me hundreds.

I'm the same, I got a couple of the Provincial ones and would love a Strathclyde one, but the painted marker lights are a let-down and I came to the same conclusion that I can do without it

• Like 1

Same here, would love a provincial (and an "Express" if/when) unit but decided not to based on the incorrect lighting. Nearly pushed the button a few times, the ones at £195 at York show was tempting, but it still came back to the lighting. Happily pay more for it to be tooled correctly.

I enjoy my EMT 156 where the lighting is prototypical and have no regrets there at all.