New Class 156 Units

charliepetty

On 20/11/2021 at 20:55, Deltic Man said:

Stupid question (as normal from me) I have purchased the regional railways 00 sound version but when programming the cars are going in the opposite direction do you have to have the coupled together when programming to make them go the same way or am I missing something ( I probably am)

I always suggest CV29=7 on one and CV29=14 on the other as its easy to remenber!!  Charlie

• Agree 1

On 06/02/2022 at 12:19, Swifty11 said:

Can't wait for these to arrive! As Mick says, a revised 'NORTHERN' one would be a great addition in due course. 

We have done 'northern' to match the Bachmann Class 150, so to help with keeping the Era of layouts correct, the Class 142s are going to be more exciting: 'Bouncy-Bouncy'

The 142s almost fit into this ERA too! 'I said almost'

Charlie

142 Newton Heath Witch.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, charliepetty said:

We have done 'northern' to match the Bachmann Class 150, so to help with keeping the Era of layouts correct, the Class 142s are going to be more exciting: 'Bouncy-Bouncy'

The 142s almost fit into this ERA too! 'I said almost'

Charlie

Close enough…

October 24th 2019…

765FF2CB-1A94-4D22-97A2-1D4BEACB685A.jpeg

also observed Oct 24th 2019…about an hour later…A60DE663-304A-4223-A255-2E0DC0A5454B.jpeg.0f633402abaedb6f74aeb8f979327f1b.jpeg

to me 2019 was definitely the end of an era.. along with 1993 and 1968.

Edited by adb968008

20 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Yeah.... I am basing my layout a little bit post Pacer but I might find myself with one. Simply for the childhood memories of riding about on them.

My layout is very much Northern midnight blue period and as such waiting on the 156 and 142s from Charlie. If it hits the exhibition circuit I can see there being some more locomotive haulage!

• Like 1

I am sorry for the silly delays, I was promised Detailed CAD drawings for showing at Glasgow Show for Tuesday, OH Silly me, its now Thursday.  This is a constant theme creeping back day by day, they will come but always at the last minute!!!

I remember the Class 143 First Great Western & Arriva Trains Wales units, 100% certain the the NEC one November when I was lad!!  They came in March, 4 months late!!  (Noodle Shortage I think in the canteen) or Chinese Porkies me thinks.  Charlie

156428 Northern-Bubbles.jpg

Edited by charliepetty

On 08/02/2022 at 17:08, TomScrut said:

Yeah.... I am basing my layout a little bit post Pacer but I might find myself with one. Simply for the childhood memories of riding about on them.

I have quite a wide era buy for but I think 2019 is my cut of with most stuff aiming to be around 2015 the change from East Coast to VTEC for me. So a mix of Northern purples and white no purple is required really.

We are building up to the 2nd Largest Show in the UK at Glasgow in 19 Days time.  See you there along with our Legomanbiffo stand.

Strathclyde PTE Orange might be popular ( shame we are running late on this due to all this Covid stuff)

SPTE-213.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
correction
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, charliepetty said:

We are building up to the 2nd Largest Show in the UK at Glasgow in 19 Days time.  See you there along with our Legomanbiffo stand.

Strathclyde PTE Orange might be popular ( shame we are running late on this due to all this Covid stuff)

SPTE-213.jpg

As you can see above we have added RT156-213 to our production run, this features the 'Classic' Glasgow & South Western Route from Carlisle to Glasgow Central.  The Website will be updated shortly adding this much requested route to our collection.

For those modelling the northern Central Belt area we have RT156-212 with the Stirling - Glasgow Queen Street:

Edited by charliepetty

3 hours ago, charliepetty said:

As you can see above we have added RT156-213 to our production run, this features the 'Classic' Glasgow & South Western Route from Carlisle to Glasgow Central.  The Website will be updated shortly adding this much requested route to our collection.

For those modelling the northern Central Belt area we have RT156-212 with the Stirling - Glasgow Queen Street:

SPTE-212 AMENDED.jpg

Hi Charlie,

Live hundreds of miles away from Glasgow, so won’t be able to ask in person! 

I’ve got two Northern current livery and two Midnight Blue & Mauve versions on order with you - any idea when they might be available? 

Many Thanks,

Nick.

On 08/12/2020 at 00:22, charliepetty said:

On the Provincial ones we have sold nearly 1400 models, less that 100 left now.   We appreciate your comments re the front small lights, but this mod is over £1000.00 as wwe needs new light guides, circuit board and re-arranged decoder CV changes, which complicates the spares issues and of course customers ordering the wring decoders, look at the Dapol circuit board issue with some models needing different decoders.  We are trying to make a compromise to standardise things to cut out customer issues later.

Charlie

PPS When the ScotRail Saltire come out again, this will have the new toilet (Missing Window) bodyshell.

You mean something like this Charlie?...

IMG-20220119-WA0018_optimized.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 13/02/2022 at 13:57, charliepetty said:

And of course especially for our freinds in Northern Ireland we have RT156-211 displaying the Stranraer - Glasgow Central route bring up our 'Strathclyde Trio'

SPTE-211.jpg

The three SPT units are getting popular since Glasgow, so unless you missed it we are doing:

156502 Glasgow Central -Stranraer

156510 Glasgow Queen St - Stirling

156508 Glasgow Central - Carlisle

Realtrack-156211 Strathclyde-website.jpg

Realtrack-156212 Strathclyde-website.jpg

Realtrack-156212 Strathclyde logo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The underfloor detailing on our model is a little over the top by other models standards, but our 3D scans show what we had to achieve, so in our opinion, our New Northern ones will 'probably' be one of the most detailed model in the UK market today, these are proving popular if our pre-orders are anything to go by.

Class 156 Scan 3 Underfloor.jpg

Class 156 Under Floor Detail.jpg

Class 156 Scanning.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, charliepetty said:

More pictures of samples re the Strathclyde & Northern Units on this current run, due 1st quarter 2023

Class 156 Model 2 Car Set 1.jpg

Realtrack-156422 Northern-Serco Logo Northern-Midnight.jpg

Realtrack 156-Front Door Northern-Bubbles.jpg

Apologies if I've picked this up too late, on the Serco/Abellio livery, the Northern "N" oval should be aligned horizontally with the "northern" text. I think the "N" within the oval is also lighter in real life too.

Apart from my minor observations, I'm really looking forward to these. Just a shame that I couldn't wait back in 2020 and ended up buying the Rainbow Railways versions instead 🤣

On 30/07/2022 at 19:32, Ruairidh T said:

Apologies if I've picked this up too late, on the Serco/Abellio livery, the Northern "N" oval should be aligned horizontally with the "northern" text. I think the "N" within the oval is also lighter in real life too.

Apart from my minor observations, I'm really looking forward to these. Just a shame that I couldn't wait back in 2020 and ended up buying the Rainbow Railways versions instead 🤣

1519788075_Class156Scanning.jpg.8c9896181d5a7959f373a9ffbf9d2d6a.jpg