Proceedings of the Castle Aching Parish Council, 1905

32 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

I wouldn't dare.

Our two families are good friends, and I wouldn't want a displaced patella to ruin that.

I read that first as a displaced paella (Me thinking that you have a large sized neighbour that keeps dropping in around about meal times).

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, rocor said:

I read that first as a displaced paella (Me thinking that you have a large sized neighbour that keeps dropping in around about meal times).

If you try to eat Spanish seafood with a voluptuous lady on your knee, you can expect displaced paella.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

On 14/12/2021 at 08:14, Edwardian said:

And then, on 15th December 2020, there was the Downing Street Christmas Quiz, in which the PM "briefly took part virtually" to thank staff for their work during the pandemic.

A-Rakes-Progress-6.-The-Rake-at-the-Gaming-House-William-Hogarth-Oil-Painting.jpg.03771bd6d96549236ab6931bff871f54.jpg

A party of disreputable characters from the mid-eighteenth century.  It is quite understandable to confuse them with our present day parliamentarians.  

• Agree 2

i received my boooostahjab yesterday.

Wasn't until this morning that I had any evidence I'd even been jabbed at all!

Did the deed via my GP, rather than the NHESSS.....[Being considerate and leaving a dose for a needy youngster?}

Anyway....there was a large room set aside for jabberwockies to sit for 15 minutes afterwards, as a check/confirmation...I'm not sure what the medical professionals were expecting to happen, but.....?

An observation, though....Of the dozen pricked individuals...with a good generational spectrum.....only two of us actually sat there [well distanced]....not totally engrossed on our phones!

One older fella had nodded off, and been sat there for nearly an hour, without being noticed...I guess my arrival from the prickin' rooms woke him up?

Knew he'd been there about an hour because we all had labels stuck to our fronts, with the time of departure written on.......in big writing, so the volunteer who was keeping an eye on anyone who might start convulsing, could see...

Didn't pay to sit at the back...

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, alastairq said:

Anyway....there was a large room set aside for jabberwockies to sit for 15 minutes afterwards, as a check/confirmation...I'm not sure what the medical professionals were expecting to happen, but.....?

Because of the scare stories when the Moderna vaccine was introduced, the NHS is playing extra cautious to avoid potential litigation from “ambulance chasers”.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Regularity said:

One of the side benefits of having a chronic medical condition.

There's not that many so when they come along grab hold of them with both hands,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Annie said:

There's not that many so when they come along grab hold of them with both hands,

Yes. The others are, free prescriptions* and an annual medical check.

*Free in Scotland already, not sure about Wales and NI, but 90% of prescriptions are free in England, so why bother charging at all?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

My vaccinations and booster were all very efficiently administered. The 15 minute wait was no problem. (I always take a book anyway when I may have to wait anywhere.)

Had a (very faint) LFT on Sunday morning. Sent of for PCR kit, received and returned it on Monday. Negative result back this afternoon. Very efficient work by the NHS and Royal Mail.

Since I'm over sixty and diabetic I don't have to pay prescription charges anyway - but I'm full of admiration for the NHS.

Now hope to have more unworried time for and with my railway.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Regularity said:

Because of the scare stories when the Moderna vaccine was introduced, the NHS is playing extra cautious to avoid potential litigation from “ambulance chasers”.

The 15 minute wait was also in force for those of us who got Pfizer boosters a couple of weeks ago. The available  seating pretty much kept up with throughput at my local health centre, so I presume the appointments were booked with that in mind. I imagine it would be much harder to manage at walk-in sites.

My only after-effect, soreness round the injection site, took about ten hours to kick in! 

John

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

My only after-effect, soreness round the injection site, took about ten hours to kick in! 

Soreness at the injection site is more likely to be due to having been injected rather than what was injected.  My wife and I had our boosters weeks ago (end of September IIRC).  Only reaction, if it could be called that, was a mild tiredness the next day.

Jim

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Nearholmer said:

My first was administered by a medic from the RAF Regiment, who were staffing our local vac centre at the time. In the arm, so I reckon you were the only one they were still making follow the old drill.

Imagine him lucking out twice by then going for a Covid test and being greeted by a Chinese guy.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-anal-factbox-idUSKBN2AV0Y4

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 4

21 hours ago, alastairq said:

I wonder what the uptake might have been had the jabs been administered Army-fashion?  [Drop drawers, bend over]

More or less?

• Funny 3

With the current ardent campaign around glurble warming,  and the protesters at Drax power station, etc etc...I do wonder.....how the crematorium industry is going to survive?

I believe most operate off gas?

Gas from where?

There also seems to be world-wide worries about what goes up our flues?

i currently cannot visualise an eco-friendly method of compact disposal of the ever-increasing hordes of dead bodies?

Could they be pelletised and burnt in Drax, so putting something back into the community?

Burial is a no-no...Look what happened in London, when they ran out of places to stick dead bodies? They had to invent Surrey!

Heaving folk over the side at sea will raise an uproar from the shellfish industry, for starters. This will have a knock-on effect on the posh restaurant industry, surely?

I think Bridlington is already having to face up to this problem? Seeing as, historically, it is the place where most West Ridingers went to die?

Or is the whole issue of how to dispose of the mounting piles of dead, something that we dare not talk about in our global warming conversations??

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, alastairq said:

Or is the whole issue of how to dispose of the mounting piles of dead, something that we dare not talk about in our global warming conversations??

Cemeteries, followed by ossuaries at a decent interval. The former provide much needed urban open spaces.

• Agree 2