Builders Yard

Baggies1961

Thanks for that, they were pinned whilst they were glueing then I removed the track pins this morning.

I have just put some slaters brick sheet on tonight.

Cant do anything tomorrow night as Im teaching at college so wanted to get the sheets on.

Next job to carefully cut the windows, doors and slot for the canopy out.

image.jpg

• Like 3

A building I pass most days whilst out travelling to construction sites to inspect inspired me to stop today, photograph it and model it.

It will have brick gables but clad above the shuttered doors with steel cladding, as will the roof.

I changed the corrugated store building as I decided it was far to big so it was duly sliced in half and angle of roof amended.

image.jpg

• Like 3

Had a rethink for this little cameo/diorama. Im going to use 3/4’s of the two boards as the scene and will have the traverser in the last 30 odd inches of the first board.

Im also going to attempt a picture frame effect as I bought the 2x1 timber for it this morning and have a higher viewing level, fingers crossed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your kind words, just perusing the modelu catalogue for some guttering pieces as all the buildings need some.

Unfortunately my umbrella broke within days of buying it, but as luck would have it I am going to use the veins of the umbrella for the gutter runs.

When the ply back board is fitted I can then cut the back of the roofs to fit. 

• Like 1

Been busy today making up the frame for the cameo with 2x1. I have no long screws so will get some tomorrow from the hardware shop literally around the corner from me.

Had to snip a bit off the end of the track to fit the frame and will have to cut some out the opposite end for the track to run off to the traverser board.

image.jpg

• Like 5

After doing some work on the computer tonight I have only had time for some work on the small office building. I have added the windows, cills and lintels and painted engineers blue brick colour to the first few courses of brick.

For some inexplicable reason I cut outside of the door aperture so will have to hide that with moss or ivy etc.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1