Builders Yard

Baggies1961

Thanks Paul, lots to do to keep me motivated not sure I like the textured concrete effect so will see if they do a smooth or normal paint.

Having Grandchildren during day during the holidays wears me out and on the night I’m goosed! :D

Not sure if there is a standard gap used where check rails should be beginning to think I should have put one in.

Order arrived from Station Road Baseboards for the traverser runners today so set about altering the fiddle yard board. Iv ordered another short runner to night so will have to wait until that one arrives as the centre runner is to long.

Another couple of snaps of the cork painted its first undercoat.

Also ordered a couple more figures from modelu just being painted.

Half round Gutters arrived too the other day,  but I forgot to order bends and square guttering so awaiting that as well.

image.jpg

8534A439-7ECB-4BEF-AB15-F297DF80D403.jpeg

FD0D07EA-CB97-4DCF-86C1-8554AAEB843F.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Ian,

Being a safety officer for our local council whenever I visit sites to inspect where our contractors are working near Network Rail lines etc. we all have to wear full orange class 3 PPE and even blue hats.

When I was delivering tunnel segments to a railway job the other year at Haywards Heath,we started out wearing yellow Hi-viz,while on site but after a couple of weeks we had to change to orange and then also orange trousers..Having complied I then Asked The Question ...Why?

the reply from the Safety Elves was" so the driver doesn't mistake you for a Green Flag(?)......

My reply to this was " really? Even when at the shaft heads all you could see of the trains were the roofs."

There was no way the driver could see anyone stood on the back of the truck.

Draw your own conclusions........

Edited by 34006
  • Funny 1