The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Metal monolith found

lapford34102

8 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

It's actually visible in Google Earth, reckoned to have been there for some years, but only just noticed by the Mainstream Media.

https://earth.google.com/web/@38.34304222,-109.66601192,1317.3778543a,139.1139794d,35y,0h,0t,0r

Maybe it's a trick of the shadows, but that location looks like it is on top of a prominence rather than hidden in a gully. Either that or I couldn't spot it.

It's not the "mainstream media" that noticed it, it was Utah state public safety officials counting bighorn sheep who spotted it and published a press release.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

8 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Sadly not, and not even the "correct" colour (black).

It appears to be a different ratio, and made of stainless steel sheets, flush riveted onto a triangular frame.

Agreed. I can clearly see the 'rivet' Type things... So, sadly, man made then? 

Moving on.... 

Shed. 

On 25/11/2020 at 21:19, Ozexpatriate said:

Maybe it's a trick of the shadows, but that location looks like it is on top of a prominence rather than hidden in a gully. Either that or I couldn't spot it.

It's not the "mainstream media" that noticed it, it was Utah state public safety officials counting bighorn sheep who spotted it and published a press release.

Changing to 3D view seems to show a very long shadow, so the sun was quite low and it is lower than the surrounding rocks. I wonder if that is a dirt road or a dried up river bed.....

ET gone home?

Utah monolith mysteriously vanishes 'Perhaps it was an alien probe and it just went home'

The mysterious metal monolith which was discovered in the middle of the Utah desert has strangely disappeared, with some claiming aliens are responsible for its vanishing act.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1366295/utah-monolith-disappears-utah-desert-aliens-ufo-conspiracy-theory-stolen-evg