Hornby Railways Catalogue and Box Art - An Advent Calendar Lookback

LNWR18901910

• 1 month later...
On 14/12/2020 at 14:27, BernardTPM said:

Side-on with those size wheels it does look more like a later build S15 than an Arthur. I'm sure it would look better painted black too.

Like this...........Just a quickie repaint, done yesterday on a £10 purchase and, unlike any Mainline loco, it runs beautifully. And the wheels haven't fallen off, or jammed......

20210313_215030.jpg

20210313_215124.jpg

20210313_215152.jpg

Edited by 33C
added photo.
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...

Has anybody got Triang-Hornby sets with the photo's of the models, set in a photo-shopped landscape, that covered the track and tunnel mouth's? (Pic.1)Also, the drawn side panel type, e.g. "Express Passenger"? (Pic.2) If so, can you post a picture? Trying to find out just how many kinds there are. Would also like to know more about the artists of the latter. D. ivory and C. Harrison were two i know about.

image.png

20230624_143040.jpg

Edited by 33C
Added detail.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, 33C said:

Has anybody got a Triang-Hornby set with the photo's of the models, set in a photo-shopped landscape, that covered the track and tunnel mouth's? (Pic.1)Also, the drawn side panel type, e.g. "Express Passenger"? (Pic.2) If so, can you post a picture? Trying to find out just how many kinds there are. Would also like to know more about the artists of the latter. D. ivory and C. Harrison were two i know about.

image.png

20230624_143040.jpg

Looks like the sort of thing that would be supplied by Hornby to be sold through a catalogue or a chain of department stores in the days when they had sensible toy departments.

Its the sort of thing that t'internet and all the rest swept away.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, 33C said:

Has anybody got a Triang-Hornby set with the photo's of the models, set in a photo-shopped landscape, that covered the track and tunnel mouth's? (Pic.1)Also, the drawn side panel type, e.g. "Express Passenger"? (Pic.2) If so, can you post a picture? Trying to find out just how many kinds there are. Would also like to know more about the artists of the latter. D. ivory and C. Harrison were two i know about.

image.png

20230624_143040.jpg

Considering we can ridicule jigsaws, that strange LNER smokeboxed LMS Princess with GWR Castle inside cylinder block is just as bad....

• Like 1