If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Wanted: a photograph - NOW PROVIDED

grahame

I'm after a photo of any of the six angular Stratford built diesel brake tenders (numbers B964106 to B964111 preferably in blue livery but not essential) suitable for publishing in a magazine. Therefore, it will need to be at least 300DPI resolution and permission provided for it's use. Source and acknowledgement will be included in the magazine and a copy provided.

Thanks in anticipation 

G

Edited by grahame

• RMweb Premium
On 04/12/2020 at 14:07, grahame said:

I'm after a photo of any of the six angular Stratford built diesel brake tenders (numbers B964106 to B964111 preferably in blue livery but not essential) suitable for publishing in a magazine. Therefore, it will need to be at least 300DPI resolution and permission provided for it's use. Source and acknowledgement will be included in the magazine and a copy provided.

Thanks in anticipation 

G

I found this image of the 351/2 ton brake tender that you asked about. Please follow the link to the "Southern Railway Email Group.

I hope that helps.

Terry.

1 hour ago, 96701 said:

A bit more detail in the title might help. You could end up with a photograph of anything.

You've obviously not read the requirements or deliberately ignored them. And you've posted the daft picture after the details of what is required so presumably you had the opportunity to read it before adding the photo.

• Funny 1

33 minutes ago, Trainshed Terry said:

Thanks. I had seen that pic and initially dismissed it as not really of print publication quality. However, if I get really desperate I'll have to contact the group to see if I can get publication permission.

G

29 minutes ago, grahame said:

Thanks. I had seen that pic and initially dismissed it as not really of print publication quality. However, if I get really desperate I'll have to contact the group to see if I can get publication permission.

G

John Lewis is the GWR steward for the HMRS and can be contacted through their website. He may well have given permission to the SR website but they wouldn't be able to provide copyright release. 

Paul 

And yes a ridiculous subject title. 

23 minutes ago, Andy Kirkham said:

It's not in the foreground, but I think the second of the two tenders in this picture might be what you're after.

I should mention that it's already been published in Rail Express, November 2017.

AUG 74 12. Electro-diesel 74008 at Acton, July 26 1974

I like that photo. But I would need to know and contact the photographer/owner to get permission to publish it.

On 04/12/2020 at 14:07, grahame said:

Thanks in anticipation 

G

I'm not quite clear as to what you require - you specify numbers B964106 to B964111, which were Lot 3449, but there was at least one more 'angular' brake tender within Lot 3446, B964035 - and this has been mentioned here.

This was originally built with two 'turrets' for the brake cylinders, but was rebuilt to the angular style.

John Isherwood.

3 hours ago, cctransuk said:

I'm not quite clear as to what you require - you specify numbers B964106 to B964111, which were Lot 3449, but there was at least one more 'angular' brake tender within Lot 3446, B964035 - and this has been mentioned here.

This was originally built with two 'turrets' for the brake cylinders, but was rebuilt to the angular style.

John Isherwood.

The angular type of the batch with the numbers I specified. I'm aware of the turreted type but didn't include their numbers in the range l listed. 

Andy Kirkham has provided a suitable photo and permission to use it - for which I'm very grateful.

• grahame changed the title to Wanted: a photograph - NOW PROVIDED
49 minutes ago, BrushVeteran said:

I have a photo of one which looks like it may be blue under the dirt. It is unfortunately being hauled behind a loco but you are welcome to use it if you want.

That's an interesting photo and thanks for the offer. And yes, I suspect it might well be blue liveried but just very grubby - the end and sloping section appear to be yellow.

On 06/12/2020 at 17:34, BrushVeteran said:

I have a photo of one which looks like it may be blue under the dirt. It is unfortunately being hauled behind a loco but you are welcome to use it if you want.

D5520 Temple Mills April 69 Slide 445.jpg

Behind the first of the production brush type 2s nonetheless