Come Froth with me 2!

finelines

• RMweb Premium

Come Froth with me 2!

Help from the boys!

I want to thank my two sons for helping rescue me. It all started when Matthew replaced a valve on my injection moulder in the time it took me to put my coat on.

I don’t know how we ended up in my back bedroom/storeroom, but we did and he was picking things up and saying what’s this? Oh that’s an LNER bogie CCT etch, they go for 60 quid on eBay!

So please give him your support, there are 4 completely new kits in preparation. If there is something you remember me making in whitemetal or brass he might be able to help. This definitely excludes the H0n30 Puffing Billy NA 2-6-2T and the USA H0n30 coaches.

Roger

Guest Max Stafford

Already on the case Roger, I've already placed an order with Matthew. If he does half as good a job as his old man, he'll do just fine! :drink_mini:

Dave.

Also pictures of products would be handy. I for one am not well up on non-passenger carrying vehicles. Glad Iak has mentioned the LMS reversed goods brake as it means i haven't missed it.smile.gif

Also a shame the two froth threads aren't combined to keep everything in one place.

Also pictures of products would be handy. I for one am not well up on non-passenger carrying vehicles. Glad Iak has mentioned the LMS reversed goods brake as it means i haven't missed it.smile.gif

Also a shame the two froth threads aren't combined to keep everything in one place.

Hi Larry

one is for plastic kits made by Roger

this one is for Rogers old brass & whitemetal kits which are now made by Rogers son Matt

Hi Larry

one is for plastic kits made by Roger

this one is for Rogers old brass & whitemetal kits which are now made by Rogers son Matt

Thanks Moz. Old age is catching up with me as i hadnt spotted the difference. So I presume the reverse LMS brakevan will be etched?

When it comes to those LMS diagrams suggestions I put forward earlier, I had thought they'de be done in plastic as there are too many layers involved in etched brass.

Thanks Moz. Old age is catching up with me as i hadnt spotted the difference. So I presume the reverse LMS brakevan will be etched?

When it comes to those LMS diagrams suggestions I put forward earlier, I had thought they'de be done in plastic as there are too many layers involved in etched brass.

Oh yes - etched Stanier reverse thingy ;)

Arghhh the reverse Stanier brake....well we are catching up with the LNER CCT's that I ran out of, but we are making progress with the Stanier!! And I think I will be ordering more reverse Staniers NOW before there even released!!

The LNER D20, well the good news is yes there WILL be a batch made, but when, I'm unsure, maybe later on this year!

We are also working on the re-release of..

RC113 - LSWR Road Brake Van. and...

RC115 - LSWR Large Horsebox.

There is also brand at least THREE brand NEW kits coming too, in 4mm Standard gauge! Details to be released in not so distant future!!

Happy FROTHING!

Matt Chivers.

• RMweb Premium

The last time the complete list of what Matthew has available to him in 4mm was published was in our 1999 Catalogue. Some of them can be put back into production relatively quickly others don't have their whitemetal masters available to us so there is more to be done. Here is the list and Notes:

Etched Brass Rolling Stock

The kits are designed with easier assembly in mind taking into account the shape of the prototype. We try to put ease of assembly first.

They have fold up bodies and tabs and slots wherever possible. Four and six wheeled stock have compensated underframes. They all include whitemetal castings to complete the kit.

They have been packaged on the assumption that you have the normal modelling requirements, for example hand rail wire, in stock. If the prototype has an elliptical roof we supply a vacuum formed roof usually specifically matched to the kit. If the prototype has an arc roof the roofing materials are not included. We do not include wheels.

You will find all the items required to complete the kit listed on the label on the front of the kit.

LMS

RC107 LMS brake van (reverse Stanier)

RC108 LMS 6w Milk van

RC111 LMS Horsebox

RC123 LMS Prize Cattle Van

RC130 LMS 6w CCT

GWR

RC120 Beetle Special Cattle Van

RC131 Dia S8 Fish Van (Bloater) *

LNER

RC106 LNER Extra long CCT

RC112 NE/LNER 4W CCT

RC117 NE bogie 45ft CCT (high roof)

RC118 GCR 6T Fish van

RC121 LNER bogie 45ft CCT (low roof)

RC127 LNER bogie 52 CCT (Dia 7)

SOUTHERN

RC101 SOUTHERN 4W Guards Utility BY

RC102 SR built Maunsell SECR Brakevan

RC103 SOUTHERN bogie Guards Utility B

RC104 Single ended version of RC102

RC105 SOUTHERN Meat van

RC109 SR Bogie Express Brakevan

RC110 SOUTHERN 4W Utility even planks

RC110a SOUTHERN Utility uneven planks

RC113 LSWR Road Brake van

RC114 SOUTHERN bogie Coridor Utility

RC115 LSWR Large Horsebox

RC119 SOUTHERN Special Cattle Van

RC122 LBSCR Billinton 4w Brake van

RC124 SR bogie Utility Scenery van

RC125 SR/SECR Ballast Plough Brake

RC126 LBSCR Billinton 6w Brake van

RC132 LSWR Ballast Brake van

RC133 LSWR 19’6'’CCT

RC134 LSWR 21' CCT

RC135 LSWR 26' CCT

RC150 LSWR Dia 1410 Box van

RC151 SECR Maunsell Box van

RC152 SOUTHERN Maunsell 1928 van

RC153 LSWR Refrigerator van

RC154 LSWR Meat/fruit van

RC155 LSWR Van Dia 1409

RC156 LSWR Van Dia 1406

4mm Scale Standard Gauge locomotives (Whitemetal)

RC201 LBSCR D3 0-4-4T

RC202 SECR J 0-6-4T

RC205 LSWR 0330 0-6-0T

RC331 Wantage No 7 0-4-0T

RC361 NER/LNER/BR Q6 0-8-0

RC362 NER/LNER/BR D20 4-4-0

Guest Max Stafford

My RC127 arrived today Matthew and it's dead, dead good.

Anybody who hasn't ordered one of the lad's kits should go out and do so now! :)

Dave.

My RC127 arrived today Matthew and it's dead, dead good.

Anybody who hasn't ordered one of the lad's kits should go out and do so now! :)

Dave.

Many Thnaks for your kind words!!

We have from this batch...

3 x RC127 52' LNER Bogie CCT left,

6 x RC121 42' LNER Bogie CCT left,

6 x RC117 42' NER Bogie CCT left,

These will soon be gone, and I'll have to order more!!

We are currently working out which kits can be produced complete with castings, and which can't, if anyone is after something we haven't released in etched brass, we can do them, but on min order (depends on the kit the min).

Guest dilbert

How many you after?? I think I have one from old stock! If I have would you be interested??

Of course... do you accept PayPal (I don't have a UK bank account being a mainland resident) ?...dilbert

Archived