RMweb

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

On 14/01/2021 at 15:22, Andrew P said:

That is 25% of the 2020 F1 drivers (less substitutions) that have proved positive for covid 19.

Sergio Perez

Lance Stroll

Lewis Hamilton

Lando Norris

Charles Leclerc

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Cos he's going to go to where if he doesn't sign?

Stretching something out and making it news when it isn't really - if Hamilton was to retire he would give a season's notice so he can enjoy himself and get a send off, he's not going to go quietly in the off season or leave Mercedes in the lurch at this late stage unless there is a deal with Williams.

I reckon two more seasons with 2022 alongside George Russell before he hangs up his helmet.

• Agree 2

I could think of lots of reasons for no signature yet and the longer it goes on the more rumours we will here. Whilst I appreciate he wouldn't like a young upstart as his partner he's proved in the past that he's not averse to having someone with a lot of talent. Other top drivers however haven't been quite as obliging, Schumacher and Vettel amongst others, so it wouldn't be unheard of. 

Here's another rumour that he's actually wanting to retire and this is just a ruse to get more money for one more season... (My rumour BTW, not based on any facts or gossip at all!!).. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RJS1977 said:

Traced back to here but appears to have originated with Autosprint.

Max alongside George? I doubt it, Max wouldn't want that sort of competition from his team mate. He likes his no. 1 status too much. Tbh the article rather makes my point, no-one knows what's going on and so will throw any scenario into the mix no matter how far fetched. 

Sooner they agree something the better, its getting boring now! :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

So he wanted Vettel to wait till the end of the season and see if Marko had a spot for him despite admitting that at the beginning of the season he assumed the Albon would be there in 2021.

He's just making noises that he would have had him back - yes, if there was no-one else available and no-one else had offered Vettel a decent drive, he would have made a low offer to Vettel.  It doesn't exactly sound like Marko was going to move heaven and earth to get him to Red Bull, just let him have a seat if Albon failed.    Sounds to me like Vettel made the correct decision, take a seat with a team who have a sound car, pity it was at the expense of the better of the two drivers, but it's a Mercedes package.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

INEOS partnership opens the door to potential hydrogen future for Mercedes.

= So what will happen to the phrase; Petrol Head?:banghead:

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/61177/ineos-partnership-opens-the-door-to-potential-hydrogen-future-for-mercedes/?fbclid=IwAR2K9LJ8z-eTDF7V7bNK0GGWmRCTpXAhIRDygPsquV8fIjEegZJG2qmiskg

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Aston Martin plans social media push to ‘bring fans right into the heart of the team’.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/01/19/aston-martin-plans-social-media-push-to-bring-fans-right-into-the-heart-of-the-team/

Thats nice for them!

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Just showing the beancounters that he's not slacking and he's on top of his game.

• Agree 2