RMweb

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

6 hours ago, kipford said:

Mike

At the beginning of last year they had some serious reliability issues in Barcelona testing which they needed to sort out before the season started. So as the engines get upgraded every year, it happens. Hywel Thomas the engine boss has also said the new restrictions on dyno time allowed is not helping. I understand talking to some HPP engineers at the Formula Student event that the power units are the same for both factory and customer teams, where they differ is the teams make there own exhaust systems, intakes and cooling systems.

OK, I saw that. But within the season, there were few DNF's due to engine or related failure. The regs have not changed much for 2021, apart from testing, so I suspect this diatribe is a bit of smoke blowing.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Storey said:

OK, I saw that. But within the season, there were few DNF's due to engine or related failure. The regs have not changed much for 2021, apart from testing, so I suspect this diatribe is a bit of smoke blowing.

Don't forget Mike, the Chassis has had to be changed, along with some cooling effects I believe.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

And so the Rich Energy story rumbles on!

Rich Energy say ‘ally’ has bought into existing team.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/rich-energy-formula-1-return-2/?fbclid=IwAR3iQjH3Jn4XPQe5tNDJ8hUi4Mw98fmBtkUndHYJNT3kgfnlqYOlEXxpS1o

My feeling is that it will be Williams as he mentions; Williams were in financial problems until they were bailed out by our friends at Dorilton Capital.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

True, but that brings with it a great deal of risk. They have no experience of engine development, although they can of course bring in people who do. But it is a remarkable turnaround from a company who were (reportedly) thinking about throwing in the towel on F1 not that long ago!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Andrew P said:

McLaren Launch.

Well that music mixing was the loss of a few minutes that I'll never get back in my life..................

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So RBR are prepared to offer engines elsewhere.. I hope a team does takes them up and is as vocal when things don't go 100% .. what goes around, comes around!!

Anyone seen or drank any Rich Energy or is it still as common as unicorns and rocking horse sh*t? How anyone lets him anywhere near F1 is beyond me!!

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, xpdualcore said:

So RBR are prepared to offer engines elsewhere.. I hope a team does takes them up and is as vocal when things don't go 100% .. what goes around, comes around!!

Anyone seen or drank any Rich Energy or is it still as common as unicorns and rocking horse sh*t? How anyone lets him anywhere near F1 is beyond me!!

5th March, Williams Launch? I think they were getting a bit ahead of themselves once again with the announcement that the announcement was going to be 2pm last Sunday.

It's a bit like announcing that there will be an announcement. before they know when. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, njee20 said:

Not a fan of Ferraris (on track or off), but that's a lovely collection he had! Bet the Enzo goes for an absolute fortune.

Same here but at the right price great investment(s) and/or pension plan!!

• Like 2

Let's hope that Williams have a better year this year. My wife's son works for Williams. Before lockdown they had a family day every year where we got to visit the factory at Grove including the heritage operation and Williams Advanced Engineering. It was a great day! Attached is a picture of a rather more successful Williams car being put back together at Williams Heritage in September 2019.

20190914_135725.jpg

• Like 10