RMweb

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, RJS1977 said:

Could be worse. I'm surprised Ferrari haven't yet announced a Super F1 with only them (and possibly Haas) in it....

Don't forget Tottenham Hotspur as well.......

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

I suppose if your stumping £200+ for a weekend ticket ala Silverstone it might increase the experience, but for TV viewers just another opportunity to be advertised too I guess.

Which does beg the question how the rights for tv highlights will work with channel 4.

Edited by Jonboy
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I suppose if your stumping £200+ for a weekend ticket ala Silverstone it might increase the experience, but for TV viewers just another opportunity to be advertised too I guess.

Which does beg the question how the rights for tv highlights will work with channel 4.

The C4 issue is a very good and valid point.

Will we see Quali as we do now, but on the Friday? 

Sprint on the Saturday.

Race on the Sunday.

I guess we will if Silverstone is one of the Races.

• Like 1

If you can afford a second mortgage for a weekend ticket, then it adds a bit more to the overall value for money. However for most people they can only watch on the TV. Qualifying on Friday clashes with work commitments, so nothing gained for what is the majority of the viewing audience. 

• Agree 3

And this is another thing that cant happen if the Sprint Races become the norm from next year.

Callum Ilott to drive for Alfa Romeo in Portugal practice after joining as reserve.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.callum-ilott-to-drive-for-alfa-romeo-in-portugal-practice-after-joining-as.1Q0GTAvuQTjyWOp9by1o2g.html?fbclid=IwAR1c5kBgNARHS47i9g1xIUdCj_y1hFZJkuKqFaz_0eZPSNjKeUo5rxbO1yw

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

And this is another thing that cant happen if the Sprint Races become the norm from next year.

Callum Ilott to drive for Alfa Romeo in Portugal practice after joining as reserve.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.callum-ilott-to-drive-for-alfa-romeo-in-portugal-practice-after-joining-as.1Q0GTAvuQTjyWOp9by1o2g.html?fbclid=IwAR1c5kBgNARHS47i9g1xIUdCj_y1hFZJkuKqFaz_0eZPSNjKeUo5rxbO1yw

How long before he REPLACES Marzispin?

• Like 1

That's always assuming Gene Haas wants to continue funding the team. There was a moment in Drive to Survive when he told Gunther Steiner he didn't want to put any more money in and he'd have to find it elsewhere. Enter Mazaspin. Could a Stroll type take over be on the cards?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, didcot said:

That's always assuming Gene Haas wants to continue funding the team. There was a moment in Drive to Survive when he told Gunther Steiner he didn't want to put any more money in and he'd have to find it elsewhere. Enter Mazaspin. Could a Stroll type take over be on the cards?

That very takeover had been widely predicted to be announced at the end of the 2020 season. The fact that it wasn't makes me wonder if Mazepin senior has been advised to  see how good his son really is before signing anything. On present evidence it won't happen, and Haas will pull stumps when contracts with F1 allow.

I do see Mazepin Junior wrecking the Quali race spectacle. Even if he doesn't take anyone else off there may only be 19 cars come Sunday. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

That very takeover had been widely predicted to be announced at the end of the 2020 season. The fact that it wasn't makes me wonder if Mazepin senior has been advised to  see how good his son really is before signing anything. On present evidence it won't happen, and Haas will pull stumps when contracts with F1 allow.

I do see Mazepin Junior wrecking the Quali race spectacle. Even if he doesn't take anyone else off there may only be 19 cars come Sunday. 

50 minutes ago, didcot said:

That's very true. It would be a blow to the sport to lose another team. Especially as the 3 teams that came into the sport on the promise of reduced costs have also gone.

UNLESS...............................................

Rich Energy step in.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/rich-energy-formula-1-return-2/

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 4

Here is a detailed explanation of how the sprint races will work. Though, even after watching it, I still feel that I am falling somewhat short to achieving complete clarity. 

• Informative/Useful 3

40 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

Anyone still struggling to get your heads around this new Quali? I found this video much easier to understand then the previous one due to the graphics used.

EXCELLENT cheers.:good:

39 minutes ago, Hobby said:

That'll have ruined Max's day! (I was going to add George's as well, but I suspect that he'll take over from Bottas).

For both Hamilton and Verstappen, a hard fought season is more rewarding than running away with it and having to make noises at the end about how hard a race had been when you'd simply shot off into the distance with not even your teammate for company.

Russell should get the other seat next year.

• Like 4