Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

It's just part of the pre-amble and this is F1's method. If you watch football or rugby on TV the programme can start hours before the actual kick-off, with everyone having their say. I like most sports. and if there is a start time I turn the TV on five minutes before. Says a lot that all these "stars" need minders/bodyguards in attendance 24/7. If, you knew your sports well, and watched/attended regularly - as some so-called stars do, you would know who Martin Brundle was.

Like you, don't normally watch the boring prelim blethering that for most sports is excessive, although nothing new mind. Last Sunday it was only on due to the accident of the evening timing, post the football then pre-race.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

Says a lot that all these "stars" need minders/bodyguards in attendance 24/7

The cynic in me says that they don't. What's really going to happen to a musician hanging around in the highly restricted area that is an F1 paddock? Is one of the pit stop guys really going to go at a pop star with a wrench?

Having bodyguards is part of the image, and bring surrounded by an entourage means bigger chance of being noticed than just an individual.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
On 25/10/2021 at 22:32, woodenhead said:

I would actually view it more as further sealing his title hopes - I think Merc will struggle in Mexico and they are running out of races to overhaul him

I said at the time that Hamilton will regret throwing away 18 points at Baku

• Agree 5

Many drivers lost points this year through no fault of their own, but RB apparently don't want to accept that this happens in F1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/marko-verstappen-lost-over-50-points-innocently-in-2021-f1-fight/6727252/

Edited by Jol Wilkinson
typo
  • Like 2
  • Funny 5

So, As I see it, if next year Pole position will no longer be awarded to the Sprint Race winner, then who is going to risk, Engine / Car Damage just for an extra Race on the Saturday?

So why not make all Race weekends a 2 Race weekend for the Championship and do something about the Saturday Grid and leave the Sunday grid determined by fastest on Friday, i.e. Pole position.

Brawn: 'Pole position no longer appointed to sprint race winner'.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/97699/brawn-pole-position-no-longer-allocated-to-sprint-race-winner.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So, As I see it, if next year Pole position will no longer be awarded to the Sprint Race winner, then who is going to risk, Engine / Car Damage just for an extra Race on the Saturday?

So why not make all Race weekends a 2 Race weekend for the Championship and do something about the Saturday Grid and leave the Sunday grid determined by fastest on Friday, i.e. Pole position.

Brawn: 'Pole position no longer appointed to sprint race winner'.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/97699/brawn-pole-position-no-longer-allocated-to-sprint-race-winner.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

With that wear and tear on the cars and drivers, the only way the championship is going to be won is by the track clearance teams, on their Fordson Tractors.....   :senile:

Julian

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Not F1 related but thought motorsport fans would like the view from Druids this morning…

Truck racing and fireworks at Brands Hatch today - championship went down to 2 points gap going into the last race. 

9237F60A-79B6-427C-A924-7E95976296F3.jpeg

• Like 4

Sorry but yet another bore fest. The only overtaking was by the fast cars starting at the back due to engine penalties but even they struggled somewhat.

Roll on next years cars, how can being 3rd on the grid be better than pole because of the slipstream. I'm fed up with drivers catching the car in front then aero or overheating means there's no chance of overtaking even with DRS.

Yes I'm being grumpy ;)

• Like 6