New range of simple to assemble 00/EM gauge pointwork kits - EM B7 Prototype - First Look

NFWEM57

3 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Working on the chair layout around the obtuse crossing...

em-1in7-diamond01.JPG

em-1in7-diamond02.JPG

Wayne,

Great work and coming on a storm.

Do you think the diamond will be as flexible as the turnouts so that a double junction with a slight curve might be constructed?

I won't trouble you with questions of 00 gauge timing. I'll assume the same sort of timing as for EM points to 00 points.

Smashing,

Bob

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RBAGE said:

Wayne,

Great work and coming on a storm.

Do you think the diamond will be as flexible as the turnouts so that a double junction with a slight curve might be constructed?

I won't trouble you with questions of 00 gauge timing. I'll assume the same sort of timing as for EM points to 00 points.

Smashing,

Bob

Thanks Bob,

They can be flexed, yes. You need to keep it straight along the common and obtuse cast crossings, but curve in between.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

EM will always take priority as the EMGS are supplying me rail...

I could supply you rail from the track I'm lifting ready for something a bit more realistic.:jester:

• Funny 2

Having spent time on a topic dedicated to the supply of British outline trackwork, this topic really is refreshing. The speed with which you have produced, launched, shipped and delivered this superb product is incredible. And satisfying 3 gauge standards at once, unbelievable.

I look forward to the arrival of the 00 gauge diamond, once the EM product is launched.

I also look at the range of N gauge products with excitement for 4 mm scale.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Asterix2012 said:

Followed by little baby A5’s

Preferably NOT.

9ft-5 turnouts are shorter, but with an easier radius. The blade planing is the same as A:

em_a5_9ft.png.615ecaf0a37ee737456ade35ecdc30df.png

I may have mentioned this before. Over and over again. :)

Martin.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Thanks Martin. Looking at it, I'm perplexed as to how the short one has a larger radius...:blink:

Hi Wayne,

It's because the switch is a good bit shorter which allows the curve to start sooner.

Andy

2 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Dear Mr Kinney.

Could you please slow down a bit, I haven't received the turnouts from the EMGS yet, and already Hon newsletter editor is thinking I'm building a new layout and is wanting an article!

Mike.

You can't stop the beat...:blind:

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Dear Mr Kinney.

Could you please slow down a bit, I haven't received the turnouts from the EMGS yet, and already Hon newsletter editor is thinking I'm building a new layout and is wanting an article!

Mike.

You could buy them direct from Wayne……..

Keith