Heljan OO9 scale L&BR ‘Lyn’

I have had ‘Lyn’ on order for over a year, and every so often Hattons (the firm I have ordered the model from) send me an email saying that the model should be arriving soon. The last message said the loco would be arriving Dec. 2020!

It hasn’t arrived, of course, otherwise I would not be posting this topic. I emailed Hattons asking if the price quoted for this model (an eye-watering £200+!) would be going up because of the import restrictions on goods coming from the EU, and had a prompt answer from them saying that as far as they can ascertain, the price quoted would still stay the same.

I was, for many years, a supporter and member of the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway, but when I moved over to Suffolk about 6 years ago, the difficulties of driving down to the very short section of reinstalled track at Woody Bay became rather too much for an old man like me. 
However, I still support the railway and am building a small OO9 layout, and now have models of all the locomotives and rolling stock, plus the lovely little model of Woody Bay station. I await ‘Lyn’ to complete my collection.
Has anyone heard any news regarding delivery of the ‘Yankee’, as ‘Lyn’ was called by its drivers?

All the very best, and stay safe, well away from Covid-19,

Bill

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, billtee said:

I have had ‘Lyn’ on order for over a year, and every so often Hattons (the firm I have ordered the model from) send me an email saying that the model should be arriving soon. The last message said the loco would be arriving Dec. 2020!

It hasn’t arrived, of course, otherwise I would not be posting this topic. I emailed Hattons asking if the price quoted for this model (an eye-watering £200+!) would be going up because of the import restrictions on goods coming from the EU, and had a prompt answer from them saying that as far as they can ascertain, the price quoted would still stay the same.

I was, for many years, a supporter and member of the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway, but when I moved over to Suffolk about 6 years ago, the difficulties of driving down to the very short section of reinstalled track at Woody Bay became rather too much for an old man like me. 
However, I still support the railway and am building a small OO9 layout, and now have models of all the locomotives and rolling stock, plus the lovely little model of Woody Bay station. I await ‘Lyn’ to complete my collection.
Has anyone heard any news regarding delivery of the ‘Yankee’, as ‘Lyn’ was called by its drivers?

Bill

Probably better posted in the Heljan thread under the Lyn topic.

Roy

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, billtee said:

Bill

There was a recent video that stated Feb 2021 but cant recall if the video was by Hattons or Heljan.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone, for your support. It looks as though I just have to wait, and wait, and wait . . .

However, it would be WONDERFUL if all manufacturers of our models would only ‘release’ information about their forthcoming models a few months (3?) before actually releasing them. I know some modellers need ‘time’ to accumulate sufficient savings in order to buy their model, but nearly two years is stretching things a bit much!

I have to check my list of ‘ordered’ locomotives and rolling stock every so often so I don’t order something twice! I see the reviews in our model magazines, with photos, and that (to me!) indicates that the model will be available SOON, not several years further before it is released.

Bill

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, billtee said:

Thanks, everyone, for your support. It looks as though I just have to wait, and wait, and wait . . .

However, it would be WONDERFUL if all manufacturers of our models would only ‘release’ information about their forthcoming models a few months (3?) before actually releasing them. I know some modellers need ‘time’ to accumulate sufficient savings in order to buy their model, but nearly two years is stretching things a bit much!

I have to check my list of ‘ordered’ locomotives and rolling stock every so often so I don’t order something twice! I see the reviews in our model magazines, with photos, and that (to me!) indicates that the model will be available SOON, not several years further before it is released.

Bill

Two years, that is good!

I have waited over six for some of my pre-orders.

Roy

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, billtee said:

I know some modellers need ‘time’ to accumulate sufficient savings in order to buy their model, but nearly two years is stretching things a bit much!

Only two years?!? That's positively light speed compared to the near-decades that some recently released (and not yet released) models have taken!

John Isherwood.

Sadly, it appears that some proposed models just NEVER get built, or the manufacturer goes out of production. In these lockdown times I would have thought manufacturers would do very well as we modellers always need more time to make their models - ‘work’ keeps us away from the layout or workbench!

Of course, some companies have lots of employees, and spacing out their workplaces is not always an option, and then quite a few workers won’t attend their business in case they catch the virus. Over in East Anglia where meat production is situated, many companies have had to stop or pause production because their employees were going down with the virus!

Let’s just hope that one day we will be back to ‘normal’ and we will get our ordered models.

I might even get out for a meal at my favourite restaurant! With a beer! Yum!!!

Bill