Class 26

HealeyMills

I know that some time ago Dapol indicated that they were to produce an N Gauge class 26 in several liveries but recently everything seems to have gone very quiet on this (I think it was to be one of the magnificent 7).

I appreciate that at the moment Dapol have their hands full with recent release of the 86 (fantastic job too! good_mini.gif ) and imminent release of a class 58 and HST in the pipeline but I wondered - does anyone here know anymore regarding the class 26 release? Has this project been shelved? unsure.gif

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

I hope not wink.gif

All good things come etc etc.......seriously though, we are finalising the class 26 at the moment and i'm not sure if this or the 56 will come first.

What i do know is that the Britannia is next, followed closely by the B1, then the HST. What comes after that is purely down to what we feel might be the bigger seller at that time.

Look out for a lot of the previously announced backlog getting cleared soon though.

Cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

• 7 months later...

Hallelujah! With the latest press release from Dapol looks like the wait is nearly over. I am wondereing though which version of 26015 they will do - will it be the Eastfield based one or perhaps the Inverness one with the two small headlamps???

Questions, questions...

Whichever, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Cheers

Lee

hi everyone,

The 26015 will be without twin frnt headlamps (shame as i rather like them that way).:huh:

Also we are doing 2 types of bogie(inc leaf spring), and 2 types of bogie steps, plus snowploughs in the pack with the loco, along with customer added roof radio pods (where necessary) etched disc headcodes (where applicable), 2 types of underframe and with / withough door window, plated front door, welded front door or hinged front door, plus round / oval buffers and different roof shoulder grilles.

26008 will be the coal sector version.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

• Like 3

Hi Guys;

Depending on which body version 26015 arrives as (welded/sealed or hinged doors, with or without discs) will dictate if it can be backdated to the IS xb, twin headlight version.

There are sufficient modelling (& non modelling) products to produce the headlight detail if required.

Later;

STU in KNID/KIYK

Hi guys,

I have updated the website to include in the N gauge news section the disc headcode class 26 and alternate steps.

Please note that the roof radio pod and snowploughs are, like the headcode discs, customer fit for preference.

Also that the side grill is, like our class 58, a see through etch.:)

cheers

Dave

• Like 1

and just to rub salt into the wounds.......;)

'Super Creep' 5 pole skew wound motor

Twin flywheels

low friction mechanism

Darkened profile wheel sets

correctly modelled bodies and cab fronts (for alternate versions)

correctly modelled drop down or sliding windows

correctly modelled foot alternate bogie steps

correctly modelled alternate leaf spring bogies

directional lighting (different on each model depending on livery)

correctly modelled deflector plate on cab roof

NEM651 DCC decoder socket

Correctly modelled alternate fuel tank and air tanks

Customer fitted snowploughs and headcode discs (where appropriate)

NEM coupling pocket

Small bogie to chassis clearance

Etched metal see through side grilles with support stantions correctly modelled behind

Separately applied handrails and windscreen wipers

2 buffer styles depending on variants produced

I think that about does it :lol:

cheers

Dave

Dapol ltd

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure these are going to be great models, although I have a CJM 26 already. Since Dapol have announced the exact same number for the red stripe version, I might have to get mine changed!

Can anyone remember which was the Railfreight Red Stripe liveried 26 which always seemed to be at Carlisle around 1991/92?

• 1 month later...

Was it 26038 that you are thinking of - as pictured here: RPA 26038

Cheers

Lee

I've since found out at that time it was probably 26041, but having checked the finer details between locos in the same livery, my CJM model will have to stay as 26038. Still, not complaining - it is a beautiful model.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Its all gone very quiet on the Class 26 front....

...Dave, after your list of fine class 26 attributes I can't help but wonder if there will be any space inside the loco for a small (16 x 24mm) DCC sound loudspeaker?

(especially after having read this the best 26 and 27 sound files ) :rolleyes:

Yes- a DCC sound Class 26 (or three) may go nicely with my other locos

Cheers

Lee