Kernow Models Beattie Well Tank

Andy Y

It's from the first batch unfortunately and its been weathered and detailed, problem is the instructions supplied are as useful as a chocolate teapot for actually taking it apart fully

I only got as far as removing the body when adding a sound decoder and speaker.

I have spoke to kernow who unfortunately do not carry any stock of spares. They suggested contacting dcc supplies for Dapol spares, luckily the dj models one has the same drive train (just the different motor) so fingers crossed I'll get some spare gears if they are needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a copy of the Helen's DCC Sound instructions for the BWT.  I have one and seem to have misplaced the sheet.  

Now my 3314 will respond with sounds to different F keys on my NCE PowerCab but not respond to forward or backward.  In other words it won't move.

Any help will be welcome.  I think it was an ESU decoder they used with a proprietary sound project.

And yes, I am also contacting Kernow. Helen's did not provide any information last time I tried. They just wanted me to mail it back to them at my cost charge a service fee, and mail it back to me at my cost.

Helens? Is that a new DCC sound provider?

Helen's Trains has done the sound DCC installations for Kernow/DJM models for Kernow when sound supplied. They are using Loksound decoders/speakers and a proprietary sound package for which they have not revealed the source.

Helen's Trains has done the sound DCC installations for Kernow/DJM models for Kernow when sound supplied. They are using Loksound decoders/speakers and a proprietary sound package for which they have not revealed the source.

Head stuck somewhere it should not be. Olivia's Trains. Helen was my ex's mother's name and I have not reason for substituting other than impending senility. Or maybe I had the Iliad on the mind. 

Kernow did get back to me and suggested there was a broken wire. Opening a BWT to that level is going to be a test of nerves.

• 2 weeks later...

The sound functions of Olivias steam locos are the same and listed on their website.

Here is a link http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/olivias-trains-sound-function-sheets/olivias-steam-sound-functions/

The body on the well tank comes off easily enough. If you want to stripe down the chassis, that is a different story and requires breaking the brake rodding.

I have removed the body shell before. See post #761 above. It was working after I put it back together for a few months. Then the movement functions failed. Sound functions remain active. KMC suggest a connection to the motor has come undone.  At the moment a noisy paperweight.

Archived