Lionheart Lynton & Barnstaple Models

NeilHB

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, coeurdelyon said:

Hello, I would like to advise you chaps that we include with the locomotive painted etched name and buiders plates for the relevant period for you to apply if necessary.

Regards, Richard

That's great news Richard, I can have all three locos in 1898 condition then! One very happy bunny!

We just need a few more coaches in 1898 condition and a couple of goods wagons/vans ?

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, coeurdelyon said:

Hello, I would like to advise you chaps that we include with the locomotive painted etched name and buiders plates for the relevant period for you to apply if necessary.

Regards, Richard

Yes, sorry someone had mentioned it but I meant to rename it for the other two as he intends doing, but do you include all three sets for him to use it to do all three Richard? I assumed it would only include the plates for the one loco in the box in which case he’d need the other two locos plates. 

as, if not it  hoping that a change of name and builders plates would be all that's needed to allow me to model both Yeo and Taw in as delivered condition using two additional "Exe"s models as base models

Additionally this was posted on NGRM, sound profile

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Yes, sorry someone had mentioned it but I meant to rename it for the other two as he intends doing, but do you include all three sets for him to use it to do all three Richard? I assumed it would only include the plates for the one loco in the box in which case he’d need the other two locos plates. 

as, if not it  hoping that a change of name and builders plates would be all that's needed to allow me to model both Yeo and Taw in as delivered condition using two additional "Exe"s models as base models

Additionally this was posted on NGRM, sound profile

Hi Paul

I very cheekily PM'd Richard yesterday evening, and he advised me, that the models come with the the name and builders plates printed on the tank side, but there is a set of etched name plates for the loco in question included for the owner to add if they so wish. So l ve contacted RoS to change my order to three "Exe"s and l ll use the LRS plates you mentioned.

Bob C

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dapol have produced photos of production samples of the forthcoming rtr L&B locos. They look very nice, though the pedant in me thinks that Taw & Yeo would’ve been more appropriate for the early cab versions rather than Exe. But that still doesn’t stop me from seeing if I have enough pennies for two rather than just the one I’ve ordered. 

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/blogs/lionheart-news/7mm-scale-l-b-locomotive-production-samples

Andrew

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

That’s mainly because it’s been quiet at the Dapol end ;) 

Until a big, heavy box thumped onto the doorstep at the end of last week. Some of the items are production samples that have landed ahead of the main shipment and there's some lovely stuff in it. Thunderbolt arrived at the same time so it's been a bit manic here as the next mag's got to be complete by the end of the week. And I thought I'd got all my reviews done for the December issue. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

I have to say I’m looking forward to being poor  as both those items are on order 😁

Cold and hungry but impressed.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Not one to normally criticise, but this is about the standard of the rest of the model being let down by printed number plate on the back and printed name plates - or do they come as extras to fit yourself?

Etched name and builders plates are provided.

Next you'll want to know why I didn't fit them.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 18/04/2023 at 19:39, coeurdelyon said:

Regards, Richard

53 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Not one to normally criticise, but this is about the standard of the rest of the model being let down by printed number plate on the back and printed name plates - or do they come as extras to fit yourself?

As Andy said Richard confirmed this higher up this page 👍

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Well yes if it’s more interestingly abstract than I haven’t bought it 😆

That's near enough one of the reasons with it being a production sample which will wend it's way back to Chirk but you can also select one of the following.

1. I hadn't got any Klear left.
  2. CBA
  3. The plates were for Yeo.
  • Like 3
  • Funny 3

• 2 weeks later...