• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, PjKing1 said:

Well I’d forgot how fiddly making vee’s (well the wing rails) are in 4mm, that was one advantage in 7mm track building was far easier!  But I’m slowly getting there in between route learning.  Hopefully I can get the junction finished in the next week or two,

Doesn’t the track need to be finished before route learning . . .?

:-)

Out of interest, which routes are you adding to your card ?
(assuming you’re happy to say on a public forum)

Paul.

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Doesn’t the track need to be finished before route learning . . .?

:-)

Out of interest, which routes are you adding to your card ?
(assuming you’re happy to say on a public forum)

Paul.

I’m on my diversion’s as I think it’ll be a while before this is finished :scratchhead:I’m currently learning Lime Street to Manchester Oxford Rd via Warrington Central buddy :good:

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Something about the trailing crossover has been bothering me but can’t quite put my finger on it, so I’ve redone it using Templot and I’m going to build it off board and see which one I prefer, just have to wait for some timbers to arrive then I can crack on with it

6195FE8E-0B81-4B74-A1F1-BF694C2CC4E6.jpeg

AAA71422-E54D-4678-A67A-877F89823474.jpeg

11061ADD-22CB-45BB-A25D-A80FB3FAD26A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Over the last few weeks I have been wondering about fitting the point motors, as I need them to be accessible if something goes wrong, not easy on an raised section of track with lines running underneath at various points.  So yesterday evening my thoughts turned to having the point motors fixed away from the points and using working point rodding in certain areas, I’m in no rush ti decide but I am leaning towards this idea.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, PjKing1 said:

Over the last few weeks I have been wondering about fitting the point motors, as I need them to be accessible if something goes wrong, not easy on an raised section of track with lines running underneath at various points.  So yesterday evening my thoughts turned to having the point motors fixed away from the points and using working point rodding in certain areas, I’m in no rush ti decide but I am leaning towards this idea.

Interested to see how you get on with that … have the same issue on the new layout but as it’s in the fiddle yard am leaning towards surface mounted motors….

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Due to me swapping the point motors on Wibdenshaw, from H & M/Gibson/Fulgurex mounted directly under the turnouts, to servos, I've had the same issue, solved by using 1mm steel rod in brass tube, although I've not had to turn 90 degrees yet, but works OK over distances.

Mike.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Interested to see how you get on with that … have the same issue on the new layout but as it’s in the fiddle yard am leaning towards surface mounted motors….

Thanks Phil I’ll keep you posted posted 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Due to me swapping the point motors on Wibdenshaw, from H & M/Gibson/Fulgurex mounted directly under the turnouts, to servos, I've had the same issue, solved by using 1mm steel rod in brass tube, although I've not had to turn 90 degrees yet, but works OK over distances.

Mike.

Thanks Mike I’ll take a look at that to, I’ve got cobalt digital motors just need to figure out which will be the best option to connect them up.  Did you fit the ELJ junction into Wibdenshaw?

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, PjKing1 said:

Thanks Mike I’ll take a look at that to, I’ve got cobalt digital motors just need to figure out which will be the best option to connect them up.  Did you fit the ELJ junction into Wibdenshaw?

As I couldn't get Wibdenshaw up in a full length setting, it's currently in 2 halves, which annoyingly precludes me from getting ELJ shoehorned in in a sensible configuration, but rest assured, it will go in somewhere, I've even considered building an Apethorne Junction style scenario specially for it, so watch this space!

It's also useful as a mini test track, (now the wiring is sorted out!!!), if wagons can be shunted through the whole junction they'll be fine elsewhere.

Mike.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

As I couldn't get Wibdenshaw up in a full length setting, it's currently in 2 halves, which annoyingly precludes me from getting ELJ shoehorned in in a sensible configuration, but rest assured, it will go in somewhere, I've even considered building an Apethorne Junction style scenario specially for it, so watch this space!

It's also useful as a mini test track, (now the wiring is sorted out!!!), if wagons can be shunted through the whole junction they'll be fine elsewhere.

Mike.

Looking forward to it, was the wiring that bad :sclerosis:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

There was rather a lot of it!

Mike.

I think I ought to point out before anyone gets the wrong idea, Paul and I know each other and my gentle ribbing is in a friendly fashion.

In other words my wiring was sh!te :P or overly cautions so I doubled up haha 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

So having been awake from just after two the mind was thinking about wing rails etc and I had an idea :paint: make the wing rails and blades as one piece then make a cut once fixed into position, I ended up getting up around four and taking a look and have a play 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I’ve managed to get quite a bit done on the points this afternoon but not took any photos but thought I’d share some photos I took the other day of what’s left of the Wapping goods lines.  The line rose crossing the main lines to Crewe and beyond and turned right to which is the section I’m modelling 

F3CBE107-8FA2-4E16-B335-6FD26736CAC9.jpeg

C6CDD846-807F-4377-92E1-DA14F6C9248D.jpeg

627524B0-2549-4781-B102-2BB77759EC71.jpeg

F743EA48-CD14-4AD7-A999-2183A5461C77.jpeg

• Like 4