Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Not Xmas related Rock & Pop Quiz

steve1

Nothing to do with Xmas Pop & Rock Quiz

Answers to me by PM, NOT on the thread. The winner(s) and answers will be announced on 27th December.

1. What one word links Blondie, Nick Lowe, David Bowie and The Beatles?

2. With whom did Iron Maiden want to share a stage according to their 1988 hit?

3. What links Max Bygraves, Mötörhead, Sade, Dave Edmunds and Bob Dylan?

4. What do the songs Baby Love, Plug In Baby, Spirit Of Radio and MMMBop have in common?

5. Whose drove a "shiny red super stock Dodge" in which song?

6. In this order, what links The Bangles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Matt Monro, Jess Glynne, The Cure, Elton John and The Monkees?

7. What word links, Elvis Costello, Lynn Anderson, Judas Priest and Marie Osmond?

8. Which is the odd one out and why? The Corrs, The Carpenters, Kings Of Leon and The Walker Brothers.

9. What is the connection between a revered heavy rock guitarist with, in order, Prince, R.E.M., Donovan, Fleetwood Mac, Justin Hayward, Duke Ellington and Hole? Also, name the guitarist!

10. Who drove a "3 grand Deutsche car" on their 1973 hit?

Rules

For questions 1,3,6,7 and 9 you need to provide the link AND the relevant titles to be declared correct.

No cheating by using search engines! It would only be a hollow victory.

steve

Edited by steve1
Clarity

• RMweb Premium

5.  Who drove a "shiny red super stock Dodge" in which song?

which was "parked in a rickety old garage" in "The Little Old Lady From Pasadena".

Go Granny, go granny, go!

Thank you Jan and Dean.

Edited by J. S. Bach

47 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

5.  Who drove a "shiny red super stock Dodge" in which song?

which was "parked in a rickety old garage" in "The Little Old Lady From Pasadena".

Go Granny, go granny, go!

Thank you Jan and Dean.

I said please  DON’T post answers in the thread! PM only.

steve

13 hours ago, The Johnster said:

People aren't getting it, are they, Steve?

In any case it doesn't count unless you answer all the questions correctly...

Sadly no. Surely it isn’t that difficult?

steve

• Friendly/supportive 1

Nothing to do with Xmas Pop & Rock Quiz - The Answers

1. What one word links Blondie, Nick Lowe, David Bowie and The Beatles? Glass. Heart Of....., I Love The Sound Of Breaking..., Breaking... and ..... Onion.

2. With whom did Iron Maiden want to share a stage according to their 1988 hit? Can I Play With MADNESS

3. What links Max Bygraves, Mötörhead, Sade, Dave Edmunds and Bob Dylan? MB song Deck Of Cards gives you Ace Of Spades, Your Love Is King, Queen Of Hearts and Jack Of Hearts.

4. What do the songs Baby Love, Plug In Baby, Spirit Of Radio and MMMBop have in common? All made groups comprising three members, The Supremes, Muse, Rush and Hanson.

5. Whose drove a "shiny red super stock Dodge" in which song? Little Old Lady From Pasadena by Jan & Dean.

6. In this order, what links The Bangles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Matt Monro, Jess Glynne, The Cure, Elton John and The Monkees? Days of the week. Manic Monday, Tuesday's Gone, Wednesday's Child, Thursday, Friday I'm In Love, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, Pleasant Valley Sunday.

7. What word links, Elvis Costello, Lynn Anderson, Judas Priest and Marie Osmond? Rose(s). A Good Year For The ...., I Never Promised You A .... Garden, Last ... Of Summer, Paper ...

8. Which is the odd one out and why? The Corrs, The Carpenters, Kings Of Leon and The Walker Brothers. Walker Bros. All the the others are actually related.

9. What is the connection between a revered heavy rock guitarist with, in order, Prince, R.E.M., Donovan, Fleetwood Mac, Justin Hayward, Duke Ellington and Hole? Also, name the guitarist! Prince - Little Red Corvette, R.E.M.- Orange Crush, Donovan - Mellow Yellow, Fleetwood Mac - Green Manalishi, Justin Hayward - Blue Guitar, Duke Ellington- Mood Indigo, Hole - Violet. The colours of the Rainbow. Which makes the guitarist- Ritchie Blackmore.

10. Who drove a "3 grand Deutsche car" on their 1973 hit? Status Quo in Paper Plane.

And the winner is… 

No-one, as nobody answered.

steve 
Sent from my iPad

Edited by steve1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, zarniwhoop said:

I find it hard to associate the label 'revered heavy rock guitarist' with Prince. Talented,  and multi-instrumentalist, yes to both, but a heavy rock axeman ? You cannot be serious!

Read the question again. The guitarist is Ritchie Blackmore.  A Prince song is one of the colours.

steve

Edited by steve1
Grammar
  • Agree 1