RMweb

Bovey Quay

Gedward

• RMweb Premium

It's been bit of a job to get my head around the proportions until you posted the picture including the foreground and trackwork, then the view with the hut, simply stunning.

Clearly this will work as a 3D backscene from the normal viewing angle perspective only

Looks like a 3D painting by Widegery...

Brilliant stuff

Edited by John Besley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, John Besley said:

It's been bit of a job to get my head around the proportions until you posted the picture including the foreground and trackwork, then the view with the hut, simply stunning.

Clearly this will work as a 3D backscene from the normal viewing angle perspective only

Looks like a 3D painting by Widegery...

Brilliant stuff

Thanks John. It's actually 43" x 18" in old money.

Can't wait to paint the backscene. It will be just as before with Bovey Tor, an oil painting on MDF. A nice dark, angry sky. Spot on for the moors.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I finally have a completion date of Friday 21st. And we should exchange this week. I'm so ready for a change of location and will update my badge toot sweet.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to complete on my purchase though. My vendor's, vendor passed and the property has gone to probate. Which put the dampers on the whole chain. I was given a choice, break the chain or lose everything. But thankfully I have amazing friends in Minehead who insisted I stay with them. Apart from putting everything into storage for a while, it's not really an issue.

I think I'm finally nearing the end of the big clear out. It's amazing how much crap we hold on to in the loft, untouched for the last 24 years. I've got two weeks to get it all done. And hopefully a few more sessions on Bodmin before I leave. No idea yet when I'll get into my new railway room. And there's always stuff to do once you move in to a new place. 

But I'll keep this thread updated.

Edited by Gedward
Editing copy and typos
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Heartbreaking when a chain collapses - so glad others have offered you accommodation!

Without the painted backscene, your moor looks for all the world as if it is covered in thick mist, proper chilling!

It certainly is heartbreaking especially when it was originally my vendor who offered to break the chain because his purchase was empty. But at that time the person was alive. Sad.

I was thinking misty moors when I first saw the pic too. Maybe I'll leave it like this and not bother to paint the whole backscene would save so much time and all.

Only kidding!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Thanks guys.

This was about a year in the making, but we got there eventually. I'm also looking forward to becoming a paid up member of the Exmoor Coast Railway Modellers.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, John Besley said:

That is just so good it's making my brain ache trying work out what I am looking at... top marks

Thanks John. That's actually quite funny it is a bit of a head scratcher. 😎

Edited by Gedward
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

EXMOOR COAST RAILWAY MODELLERS

Last night I had my first meeting as a member of this well established club in Minehead. We had a great time chatting and drinking coffee. Afterwards, Dave asked me what I thought of the club and I replied. 

"Trust me, I'll be back!"

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 3