Most Accurascale models ordered!

On 30/01/2022 at 21:26, The Ghost of IKB said:

All this talk about ordering stuff is lethal, since reading this thread I've added a further 18 mgr to the tally.

I wonder if the accura team expected to get such a fan/customer base so quickly?

Even before they've got one uk loco to market they've become my toytrain provider of choice.

Or should that scare the living daylights out of other model railway manufacturers?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm not amassing huge quantities but the 31 announcement has made me realise the optimum number of Accurascale products is n+1, where n is the number currently owned.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I ordered eight 37s from batch one. d6702, 026, 043, 423, 425, 602, 610 and 97301. They were the first 8 model locomotives I have ever bought! 

On my layout I will have no other class of locomotive apart from one 92 to taxi them to Scotland for railtours. I am going to rename 92022 "Long Range Desert Group", I won't rename the 37s. 

Roll on batch two!

Edited by aeroplane

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 30/01/2022 at 23:46, cessna152towser said:

9 x PFA

6 x PCA

5 x PTA

4 x PCV

3 x HUO

3 x MDV

2 x JSA

On order 4 x HYA

I only have a small fiddle yard to branch terminus heritage railway layout which would justify none of those, but under rule 1 my imaginary scenario is a triangular junction with the main line.  When the main leg of that triangle is closed, short rakes of anything and everything can be diverted onto the branch, necessitating a run round at the branch terminus.

I ought NEVER to have visited this thread.

Once I saw how much Accurascale my fellow forumites were ordering I went on an Accurascale binge.   Within the space of six months since January my tally of Accurascale delivered or on order has up gone from a relatively benign 36 wagons, 0 coaches and 0 locos to 55 wagons, 7 coaches and 1 loco.    Oh my poor bank balance, the Accurascale Addiction has hit real bad.   Perhaps it is a blessing that some financial headwinds are now beginning to kick in to deter me from ordering even more Accuracscale.

Edited by cessna152towser
typo

• RMweb Gold

To be honest there's only one winner. They openly admit to have just received two container loads of Accurascale models.

Although I understand they need to make some of their investment back so are selling a fair chunk of them.

• Like 1

Recently received four HUOs to add to six Coil As and six 21Ts.  Ordered sound 5544 and waiting on my Manor.

The problem will be whether Accurascale rerun the Coil A with different numbers - they are such lovely models.

Will be ordering three or maybe four non corridors in due course  

• Like 1

On 12/02/2022 at 14:00, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Its a toy thing image though is it not with the red box company, its all very well the reality tv crowd taking there spin on them but if thats true all our wives and girfriends live in Beverley Hills and other exotic crap they can take your mind off the real world with. All the people ive ever met with the flat front items call it a train set, the history of the company is of a toy maker. Accurascale have started near the top and worked there way to the model makers model company, more Hornby Dublo two rail than Traing.

Perhaps not the best comparison as Hornby Dublo was bought out by Triang...

On 12/02/2022 at 14:00, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Its a toy thing image though is it not with the red box company,its all very well the reality tv crowd taking there spin on them but if thats true all our wives and girfriends live in Beverley Hills and other exotic crap they can take your mind off the real world with.All the people ive ever met with the flat front items call it a train set,the history of the company is of a toy maker.Accurascale have started near the top and worked there way to the model makers model company,more Hornby Dublo two rail than Traing.

I think you are right Eric.  I have recently had a bit of a census of my RTR stock boxes. They have traditionally been mainly Bachmann with the staple 16 ton minerals and 12 ton vans, as well as Covhops and grains etc. Apart from Stanier and BR stds20T brakevans, I have some Hornby coke hoppers and four 21T LNER "high handbrake" hoppers. 

I believe wagons are an easy sale for the manufacturers but for some strange reason Hornby do not seem to have embraced anything more than the odd run. I would probably have at least a dozen if not two dozen BR 21T hoppers if Hornby were to produce them - bizarrely they have already had the Tope in the range which is effectively a cut down version, so they have researched the vehicle and cut the tools for the underfame. 

But instead of producing the goods they want to faff with live steam again, which will only attract a small number of customers.

Never mind.  I know Accurascale will be adding to the "Building Britain" series of wagons 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

48 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Once i get my chaldron pack paid off i might splash out for another.........times are hard.

They are.

I have a lot on pre order but it's all stuff I "need" for my plans and it's only going to go one way price wise IF other runs actually happen.

I could have done without spending £360 or whatever it was on mk5s a couple of days ago but between fear of missing out and the fact they probably won't go down in price means I needed to get cracking.

• RMweb Gold

Ive no true idea what ive ordered without putting time into it, but it spans 13 pages on my accurascale account.

But ive nearly a full set of each type of wagons to date (coil, 21t mineral I skipped, MHA I’m on the fence ).

Ive 3 rakes of TPE, and just about a full rake of CS.

12 Deltics (3 via Rails), probably close in 37’s and several 92’s.

Manors, i’m so-so about, just not feeling it, for either version, think the numbers chosen are outside my personal experiences, and to research and source the specific bits to go along with a renumber of a selected prototype doesnt seem as easy as with modern image. (its more white metal / brass kit parts from the dark days of the 1970’s when everything was sold via model railway constructor).

mk2’s.. that’ll be an expensive day’s shopping… just waiting on some of the above to arrive and clear down the list a bit, then go shopping… i’m thinking of c16 !

31’s… need to think here, but there will certainly be a few but note its full prepay so i’ll push that down a little.

its taken me a while, but i’m finally kicking into gear a long overdue clear out to make space for this lot before everything ends in a layer of dust.

They let slip one announcement last year online (ive kept it to myself and did point it out and noticed it went), but if the slip really was a slip then it’ll be exciting, i’ve speculatively dropped a few of mine as ive a dozen, but if its true there’ll be thousands of em on ebay !

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Have ordered a Class 92 from TMC with weathering. That along with the Deltic I have on order brings me to a grand total of 2 Accurascale products on order.

Been chopping and changing orders around. Really tempting to order a Class 37 but after speaking with the wife will be waiting for the second run of Class 37s. Can't complain about the 2 locos I currently have on order though. Really looking fwd to getting them.

Much thanks to Fran and the team at Accurascale and those putting in the hours at TMC and Hattons for putting up with my dithering.

EDIT 3: So much for waiting on the second run of Class 37s. Just ordered a Class 37 again from  Accurascale.  So back to a grand total of 3 ACC items. 

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I am now at 5% AS locos in my fleet, 7th place. Still no coaches by up to 18% of wagons in 2nd place.

I am hoping that some pre-orders will change things very soon getting coaches up to 3rd and locos to 4th place!

Anyone gone full AS yet?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just had a tot up and I think this has got out of hand, talk about runaway trains 😲

Including pre-orders

Deltics - 5

Class 31 - 3

Class 50 - 1 

Class 37 - 8

Wagon packs various - 9