Deltic despatch (and other orders)

john new

• RMweb Gold

To cut down on your incoming emails can you answer this one here please-

When orders are despatched do we get a courier tracking number so that days we are noT available to take in a parcel can be avoided?

Thanks in advance for any reply in what will be a busy time for you.

Edited by john new
Typo

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, john new said:

To cut down on your incoming emails can you answer this one here please-

When orders are despatched do we get a courier tracking number so that days we are noT available to take in a parcel can be avoided?

Thanks in advance for any reply in what will be a busy time for you.

Although my email had bounced I have now received a response via the web form to the question -  will we get a tracking number-

UPS should send you an email confirmation with tracking details when the models leave Locomotion, where you should be able to track and/or divert your parcel. This should be around the w/c 27th June

Update therefore shared with due thanks also sent back to Locomotion Models.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I don't think UPS are particularly geared up for "domestic" deliveries. I get a few things delivered by them through work and they allow changes in transit etc. through the account (not the senders account).

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

I don't think UPS are particularly geared up for "domestic" deliveries. I get a few things delivered by them through work and they allow changes in transit etc. through the account (not the senders account).

My issue today would have been easily resolved HAD UPS staff actually followed the processes outlined on their own website for what should happen if people are going to be out when a delivery is scheduled. The email pre-dispatch was not sent so chance one to divert the parcel this morning first thing was not available. Chance two should have been after a failure to deliver message was sent to me as parcel recipient - also not done as the parcel was left at what was earlier my empty house. UPS's local staff, irrespective of their published company policies. must apparently consider that their driver just finding the property constitutes an adequate delivery whether or not there is anyone available to actually take in the parcel!

Edited by john new
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, john new said:

My issue today would have been easily resolved HAD UPS staff actually followed the processes outlined on their own website for what should happen if people are going to be out when a delivery is scheduled. The email pre-dispatch was not sent so chance one to divert the parcel this morning first thing was not available. Chance two should have been after a failure to deliver message was sent to me as parcel recipient - also not done as the parcel was left at what was earlier my empty house. UPS must apparently consider that their driver just finding the property constitutes an adequate delivery whether or not there is anyone available to actually take in the parcel!

Don't get me wrong - if I'd have had one of mine delivered like yours I'd be a long way from impressed. What I mean is they seem to struggle with domestic deliveries - I've always received a notification from UPS that they have something for me - even if I'm not aware of an item being despatched via UPS. I assume they flag the delivery address and addressee and the details automatically get attached to my account. I don't believe they have ever left at an empty property, but again as it's business related there's alway someone there to accept it.

I do have one big gripe with them however - import duty payments. The first you know about that is when the driver knocks and waves an invoice at you - and they don't let you inspect the package to see what it even is.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

If you read their website it should be a three step process -

1) Notification of a parcel (In this instance this one was not sent) and on receipt of this one there is an option for the delivery point to be amended.

2) Parcel on the way (On the van - no option to vary at this point) - fair does, not amendable at this juncture makes sense.

3) Either a satisfactorily delivered OR a delivery failed what do you want us to do with your parcel now? email sent.

On getting email (3) you can then specify a new time/date or changed delivery destination.

Clearly local staff seem to just ignore emails (1) & (3)* and if you are not around when we try to make the drop tough tits we will just dump your parcel anyway. What happens locally on the ground bearing no relationship to what the company say is their process. A satisfactory drop for local drivers is apparently we found your house, not your parcel has physically been given to you.

* well they seem to always ignore the you were out so it is back on the van and what shall we do with it now? option. What you get at email (3) is we found your house and just left it.

Edited by john new
To make better sense.

• RMweb Premium

No advance notification from UPS for the delivery of my KOYLI, but wife was in a parcel recieved OK.  No problems.

Parcel was very well packed by Locomotion which is excellent and no damage whatsoever to loco or packaging. Great job by the folks doing the packing.

I’m glad they used UPS as they (and Royal Mail) are the best of the local delivery companies.  DPD (damage parcels daily) are the worst and I don’t order anything from firms that use them.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, ColinK said:

No advance notification from UPS for the delivery of my KOYLI, but wife was in a parcel recieved OK.  No problems.

Parcel was very well packed by Locomotion which is excellent and no damage whatsoever to loco or packaging. Great job by the folks doing the packing.

I’m glad they used UPS as they (and Royal Mail) are the best of the local delivery companies.  DPD (damage parcels daily) are the worst and I don’t order anything from firms that use them.

I’m glad you received your wife OK but why was she posted to you? 😀

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

My Alycidon arrived on Wednesday, stunning model and well packed by locomotion but unfortunately it has damage on the nose ends :(

Fired off an email to Accurascale who said to contact locomotion, so I’ve sent a couple of emails to locomotion but as yet had no reply, will have to try the phone lines on Monday...

CE80B719-8F1B-4B80-A7EF-742E9006724B.jpeg

686BB609-71E1-45CA-BBDA-C1B5233B598E.jpeg

• Friendly/supportive 3