Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann announce all new Class 37

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, rob D2 said:

And there are places where you can get one under £200 now too. It seems those with the cash buy the super all singing dancing one, those who are a bit marginal on affordability won’t pay over £200, or that’s my perception of it 

Agreed, I think your dead on.

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Agreed, I think your dead on.

That is the only thing stopping me buying 37418, I am waiting hoping they have an offer on at Warley or something as £239.99 is a lot for a DCC ready one regardless of how much I think I want it. Especially given it wouldn't surprise me if Accurascale announce it in another run before long which might be cheaper.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

That is the only thing stopping me buying 37418, I am waiting hoping they have an offer on at Warley or something as £239.99 is a lot for a DCC ready one regardless of how much I think I want it. Especially given it wouldn't surprise me if Accurascale announce it in another run before long which might be cheaper.

It will be interesting to see how quickly Accurascale amend the tooling to offer versions of 37/4s without the DRS “enhancements”. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

It will be interesting to see how quickly Accurascale amend the tooling to offer versions of 37/4s without the DRS “enhancements”. 

It might not be an amendment. I got the impression from the original AS announcement that the tooling facilitated configurations that weren't announced yet. Likewise with the Bachmann announcement.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

It might not be an amendment. I got the impression from the original AS announcement that the tooling facilitated configurations that weren't announced yet. Likewise with the Bachmann announcement.

I’m sure they have, by amendment I was meaning more the adding of the window on the bodyside that was filled in on the DRS ones “37/7 style” and the removal of the LEDs, sockets and reinforced windows. 

20 hours ago, rob D2 said:

And there are places where you can get one under £200 now too. It seems those with the cash buy the super all singing dancing one, those who are a bit marginal on affordability won’t pay over £200, or that’s my perception of it 

I must be in a minority then as I’ve ordered the non-deluxe sound fitted version of Kernow’s limited edition 37418 😆 . Im a bit marginal on affordability as I’ve got some Accurascale 37s coming, but worth it to be able to compare with the previous Bachmann factory sound versions as well as the Accurascale ones.

I also need it to work with Caroline 😊

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, TomScrut said:

That's my motivation too!

I'll probably buy it at £240 but I aren't in a rush so might take my chances on there being an offer at Warley if I go.

Ive generally found warley to be higher prices, not lower.

The “bargains” tending to be older stuff, and of course the scrummage for seconds.

its also not a bad place to find some of the harder to find stuff to.

I kind of suspect there might be a lot of s/h 37/47/55’s this year.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Ah right, I just thought Kernow often have deals on at shows (418 being exclusive to them).

They've definitely had deals in the past, class 47 97561, 4TCs and 13xx’s seemed to be a favourite. Might be a bit soon for the 37

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Module00 said:

Hello all, 

Here is my last video with class 37430 Zimo DCC Sound and "Cold Start"

Have a good Sunday.

Alain

Super layout and loco well controlled – no starting like a sports car! A tribute also to Bachmann’s slow running and sound. I half expected to see smoke pouring out of the 37. Ah! How we miss pollution!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I said I'd comment further on my "Cwmbran" decoder brainstorm, when I heard back from Bachmann.

I returned the failed loco to them very securely and carefully packed in Accurascale Deltic packaging by insured post. The package I received back from them is probably best described as something akin to the dishevelled packaging one occasionally receives from eBay sellers. Despite confirming that the issue was a defective decoder after all, but unfortunately not explaining any of the other curiosities, I then got confirmation from Jenni Ayres of Bachmann that despite this loco having been defective and rejected almost immediately after purchase, Bachmann do not refund postage on warranty returns !

I then had the loco checked over at my local model shop who supplied it in the first place, who were very quick to point out that there are now several parts missing, and that in their view this is a different loco entirely. Prior to returning it to Bachmann, at their suggestion I had also placed a small sticker that they supplied in an inconspicuous place inside the body (something that is apparently a useful device to deal with eBay fraudsters), and surprise surprise it's not there on the loco Bachmann returned to me.

If I'd wanted a completely different loco in substitution or just my money back, that would have been so much easier. Instead I wanted what I paid for, namely a brand-new 35-335SFX Class 37/4 37430 'Cwmbran', which strangely was shown as out of stock at Bachmann the moment it was released, and allegedly is now impossible to find at the same price. Not a mistake I'll be making again in a hurry.

• Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, tlm said:

I said I'd comment further on my "Cwmbran" decoder brainstorm, when I heard back from Bachmann.

I returned the failed loco to them very securely and carefully packed in Accurascale Deltic packaging by insured post. The package I received back from them is probably best described as something akin to the dishevelled packaging one occasionally receives from eBay sellers. Despite confirming that the issue was a defective decoder after all, but unfortunately not explaining any of the other curiosities, I then got confirmation from Jenni Ayres of Bachmann that despite this loco having been defective and rejected almost immediately after purchase, Bachmann do not refund postage on warranty returns !

I then had the loco checked over at my local model shop who supplied it in the first place, who were very quick to point out that there are now several parts missing, and that in their view this is a different loco entirely. Prior to returning it to Bachmann, at their suggestion I had also placed a small sticker that they supplied in an inconspicuous place inside the body (something that is apparently a useful device to deal with eBay fraudsters), and surprise surprise it's not there on the loco Bachmann returned to me.

If I'd wanted a completely different loco in substitution or just my money back, that would have been so much easier. Instead I wanted what I paid for, namely a brand-new 35-335SFX Class 37/4 37430 'Cwmbran', which strangely was shown as out of stock at Bachmann the moment it was released, and allegedly is now impossible to find at the same price. Not a mistake I'll be making again in a hurry.

Couldnt you have just returned it to retailler to begin with? 

I guess youll have top get back in touch with Bachmann to reject the replacement

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm eagerly awaiting my Plain Blue 37 but I'm getting the impression its arrival could be slipping now saying October/November I'm sure it was originally September/October I hope it doesn't end up like 47 435 which took forever.

8 minutes ago, JPinza55 said:

The plain blue 37 appears to have arrived at Kernow, so can’t be far away from other shops

Indeed lets hope so, my chosen retailer is still showing as Pre-order but hopefully that will change very quickly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2022 at 12:58, Michael Hodgson said:

Well my removable nose plain Blue 37 arrived today the removable nose not being an issue as far as I'm concerned in this colour scheme. It looks and sounds great and hopefully it won't be too fragile unlike the Accurascale 55's which frankly are driving me nuts with both the chains and the nose steps in particular, and the reason why I went for a Bachmann 37. Of course it does have chains like the Deltic and that does concern me somewhat but the arrangement looks better than the Deltic at least.

Yes I know the Accurascale 37 will have a different chain arrangement but I just think Bachmann likely have more experience of what works and what doesn't, anyway very happy with it so far. 

20221028_192035.jpg

• Like 2

On 07/08/2022 at 15:44, 97406 said:

The Bachmann 37's chains are quite easy to dislodge if you're handling the loco to apply the detail as I found out. Time will tell if they stay in place over the life of the loco, but I'm quite happy to remove them if they become troublesome.

Has anyone yet had cause to remove the bogie frames yet? Is it necessary to detach the chains, and if so, has anyone worked out the best way? I've quoted the above post because the chains were detached accidentally in that case. Are the glued or hooked in place?

11 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

Has anyone yet had cause to remove the bogie frames yet? Is it necessary to detach the chains, and if so, has anyone worked out the best way? I've quoted the above post because the chains were detached accidentally in that case. Are the glued or hooked in place?

Yep I’ve done one to rewheel it to P4. Just pull them out as they push into the end of the brake cylinder under the steps. A pair of pliers around the chains and holding the cylinder in place in your hand would be my advice - no glue just a push fit.

Hope that helps.

Will

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Southwich said:

Yep I’ve done one to rewheel it to P4. Just pull them out as they push into the end of the brake cylinder under the steps. A pair of pliers around the chains and holding the cylinder in place in your hand would be my advice - no glue just a push fit.

Hope that helps.

Will

Thanks! Am I right in assuming that as on previous releases the bogie frames are just clip fitted into place?