Kaminecke-Bahn (Die Museumsbahn)

47606odin

17 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

i have purchased a second coach, accidentally not the one I wanted, browsing the variations I clicked on the 2nd class coach not the 1st-2nd class one. Never mind, any passengers I have will have to slum it lol. I could have done with more profits from 1st class ticket sales as my credit card is saying I’ve spent too much

If you are modelling a freight yard on a scruffy little branch line, with a just about surviving passenger service using a run down platform, then it probably would have been 2nd class only.  Bill

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Righto, now I have a nicely used looking loco, attention must turn to the wagons, predominately the open wagon, in particular the interior.

I am assuming the sides are 2 planks of wood, so did DB paint the insides of the doors the Bauxite colour as modelled here or were they normally unpainted like British wagons. No point painting the insides as that’s not what the public sees and gets damaged with the goods, so financially pointless. Confirmation will allow me to get it looking right.

thanks

7CF445B0-8AEE-4A5A-B930-93D31FEA389D.jpeg.f2d69a70580c22292cbab1b47490bebb.jpeg

C5C7FE70-B336-4DEA-8F9B-C967C52D987C.jpeg.4c67d839d1f54c68a33915707fe24d6a.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

I’ve been left a Kiss BR 50 and though I don’t model o gauge I do have the opportunity to run the loco on someone else’s (British) layout. I am wondering about scale.

Kiss, I believe is 1:43 and Lenz  is 1:45. Am I correct in thinking Brawa is 1:43?
I would like to buy a few wagons to go with it but would rather get the scale right.

Robert

Lenz and Brawa are both 1:45 although Brawa have now withdrawn from 0 gauge. Kiss used to be 1:43.5 but were changing to 1:45. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HSB said:

Lenz and Brawa are both 1:45 although Brawa have now withdrawn from 0 gauge. Kiss used to be 1:43.5 but were changing to 1:45. 

Father Kiss produces coaches in both 1:45 and 1:43.5.  Son went bust, taken over by a Swiss consortium and are concentrating on Swiss prototypes.  Didn't read far enough (it was in German!) to determine scale.  Bill

• Like 1

On 11/08/2022 at 15:21, bbishop said:

Father Kiss produces coaches in both 1:45 and 1:43.5.  Son went bust, taken over by a Swiss consortium and are concentrating on Swiss prototypes.  Didn't read far enough (it was in German!) to determine scale.  Bill

A number of years before Kiss was taken over its 0 gauge production changed from 1:43.5 to 1:45. So in 2017 they had a sale of their 1:43.5 models and I bought a Baureihe 95. Here you can see this 1:43.5 locomotive with 1:45 wagons by amongst others Lenz and Brawa.

It was mentioned earlier that Lenz re-introduced 1:45 in Germany, however 1:45 was already in use in Germany before Lenz arrived. The 0 gauge product by Lima, RivaRossi and Pola Maxi for the German market were 1:45. The builders of brass models, like Fulgurex, used 1:43.5 thus keeping everything in their (international) range to the same scale.

Regards

Fred

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

21 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Oooh!

A friend of mine who also does German spur null, has one of those - it’s gorgeous, you lucky thing!

I’m guessing you’re really enjoying this?

Cheers,

John 

well, my wallet isn’t lol. What attracted me to it was the motionwork chunkiness and in the videos, especially the closeup one on a rolling road, on YouTube really show them off, and again, it’ll be good to have the comparison to my British stuff. It looks really well detailed, and is by far the most expensive O gauge loco I’ve bought, but I told the wife this is the final part of my 25th anniversary present.

that aside though, thinking to the future, does the brakeman’s cabin restrict the loco to certain regions of Germany, or were they found in this form far and wide?

8 hours ago, 47606odin said:

that aside though, thinking to the future, does the brakeman’s cabin restrict the loco to certain regions of Germany, or were they found in this form far and wide?

congratulations, a very nice engine! You could see them everywhere in west Germany. The cabin was for the "Zugführer". This person wasn't actually a brakeman. That function disappeared already in the 1920s when freight trains had automatic brakes on all wagons.

The Zugführer was actually the head of the train and had its own wagon on freight trains, the "Güterzugbegleitwagen" = guards van. he was responsible for the freight files.

The idea of the cabin was that the guard van wouldn't be needed any more.

In reality, the cabin was very cold because of the water tanks and very dirty because of the coal dust, so that most Zugführer prefered traveling on the engine.

Michael

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

9 hours ago, 47606odin said:

does the brakeman’s cabin restrict the loco to certain regions of Germany, or were they found in this form far and wide?

Sorry, I can’t help with this but I do know these cabin tenders were not very popular (successful?) - think about it, you’re trapped in a metal box that’s enclosed by thousands of litres of cold water! What an unpleasant working environment, I know I’d hate it at any time other than high summer.

However, the models seem to be popular, I have a Fleischmann H0 one and Roco also made one.

Cheers,

John 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Oooh!

A friend of mine who also does German spur null, has one of those - it’s gorgeous, you lucky thing!

I’m guessing you’re really enjoying this?

Cheers,

John 

One?  I got two!  Bill

Edited by bbishop
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

13 hours ago, 47606odin said:

To the best of my knowledge, tender types were randomly distributed, especially during the decline of steam. 50 with cab tenders could be anywhere AFAIK

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

21 hours ago, 47606odin said:

by far the most expensive O gauge loco I’ve bought, but I told the wife this is the final part of my 25th anniversary present.

Which was 10 years ago, perchance??? 🤔🤫🤣🤣🤣

Fantastic weathering on the box van.

• Like 1