Railway & Modelling Obituaries

RobMcG

MikeParkin65

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

he was frustrated with the Moderators and Andy Y and had placed him on Moderated status

I would give some balance to this but it isn't the place or time so I don't appreciate a comment that it's not fair to respond to.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I would give some balance to this but it isn't the place or time so I don't appreciate a comment that it's not fair to respond to.

Sorry, I was just remembering a Story of how his page came into being that's all.

• Friendly/supportive 8

Just come across this and learnt the sad news of Rob's passing.   Condolences to his friends and family, I'm sure he will be greatly missed. He produced a lot of very innovative photoshop images that really brought back the flavour  and soul of steam railways by enhancing model pics,  enjoyed his work on this and other forums.  Always great to exchange comments with him on here as well, a very knowledgeable enthusiast. His determination to overcome his physical problems was a real encouragement.

RIP Rob.

Bill. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Sad news.

A real wizard when it came to photoshopping pictures. His art was not to everyone's taste but having learned of the background a while ago it was given a new context and showed how life can deal you a bad hand but you can still contribute and become a master of something.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold

Only just found this . Robbie was another RMweb stalwart and his wizardry with model images was stunning.

Condolences to all those close to him. He will be missed….

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold

So sad i’d corresponded with him several times over the years.

I recall he nearly made the cut with his pictures on Hornbys catalog one year (The Lord Nelsons).

I had noted he’d declined posting on here for sometime.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...