Railway & Modelling Obituaries

RobMcG

MikeParkin65

4 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

I have seen the sad news on FaceBook that Robbie has passed away earlier today. He had a FB page for his model photo's  - 'BR Steam Photos' that he said he would be taking down a few weeks ago as he was no longer able to maintain it. Rob has of course been a regular (and sometimes controversial!) contributor to RMweb over the years. 

I was a big fan of Robbies work and felt he added something unique to this hobby.  I had some brief correspondence with him a few years ago when he asked if he could use one of my photos for his art. I felt honored to be asked and he created a lovely image from a camera phone shot I had of the then yet to be released Hornby Ivatt Duchess. 

RIP 

Hi

Thank you for letting us know the very sad news of Robbie passing away.

I will miss my discussions with him on my Haymarket thread and his wonderful photos he produced.

I never did find out how he produced such great images and sadly now I never will.

Rest in peace Robbie and thank you for all those Fabulous images you produced for us to enjoy.

Regards

David

• Friendly/supportive 7

I can't say I've been around here long but Rob's edits always caught my eye when browsing through the pages on here, and indeed if ever I say them on Facebook. Obviously a talented guy and someone out hobby with surely miss. RIP

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

One of the best image workers I've seen with use of Photoshop, an inspirational legacy left to us that should inspire more of us to do more with digital technology.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold

I always enjoyed looking at Robbie's photo work which will be sadly missed. Perhaps he was was pioneer of "when the model looks like the real thing."

Rest in peace and rise in glory.

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Oh dear, that is sad news as bizarrely I was only thinking about him yesterday as I hadn't seen any pictures of his recently.

Condolences to his partner and family.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Like many I never met him, but enjoyed his photographs and had some pleasant and civilised exchanges on here. He was obviously a very determined and courageous man, to find a new way to carry on his modelling interest whereas I suspect for many his problems would have put paid to everything.

I will miss his posts, both the photos and his generally charming manner.

John.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

This was taken from Rob's FB page (BR Steam Photo's) this morning:

Message from Robbie's family: We are sad to report that Robbie passed away on 26 July, peacefully at his home. We are very proud of his amazing artwork here, a great legacy. Remembered with love, rest in peace Robbie.

It came as total shock to me, as I encouraged him to create a FB page, as he was frustrated with the Moderators and Andy Y and had placed him on Moderated status - for his own thread (Hornby's Best Ever Models) and he want to show his work off.

His tips on photography were fantastic and his exchanges with me were always interesting, funny and heart-warming over the years. Sadly Rob's Talents will be missed.

• Friendly/supportive 11