Train Times announces exclusive LBSC E1 livery from Rapido

BlueLightning

• RMweb Gold

In our second collaboration with Rapido Trains UK Train Times is proud to announce an exclusive livery for the Rapido LB&SCR E1 in LBSC Lined Black, 2 different locomotives will be avaliable, with numbers TBC. These will be avaliable to order from our website soon!

https://www.traintimesmodelshop.co.uk/blogs/news/train-times-announces-exclusive-lbsc-e1-livery-from-rapido

spacer.png
Source Dave Searl Collection https://www.lbscr.org/Rolling-Stock/Locomotives/Stroudley/E1.xhtml

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Lacathedrale said:

Lovely - I did preorder a Goods Green loco from Hattons but would happily cancel that in favour of a Lined Black version. What's the website? Rapido or 'UK Train Times' ?

Train Times here https://www.traintimesmodelshop.co.uk/blogs/news/train-times-announces-exclusive-lbsc-e1-livery-from-rapido 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29/07/2022 at 13:35, Lacathedrale said:

Lovely - I did preorder a Goods Green loco from Hattons but would happily cancel that in favour of a Lined Black version. What's the website? Rapido or 'UK Train Times' ?

Will be avaliable from https://www.traintimesmodelshop.co.uk/ I'll post a link in here once the pre-orders go live, which should be Tuesday morning Well that clearly didn't happen!

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It's finally time to announce the identities of our Exclusive LBSC Lined Black E1s!! We will be producing 2 locomotives

The first, number 113, which was nice and local, spending some time at Eastbourne. In this condition is it suitable from c.1910 until c.1928 when it received it's Southern livery and a renumber to B113

113_small.jpg.843913ccd3f61e32fe868599eb94f88d.jpg

The second loco will be "Loco Dept. New Cross." Formerly number 111. In this livery it is suitable from June 1908 until June 1922 when it was renumbered 611

newCross150.jpeg.889ee030acf0181d24e65b0c06a8c100.jpeg

For the full announcement see our blog here

To pre-order number 113 click here

To Pre order Loco Dept New Cross click here

Gary

• Like 6

• 9 months later...
On 12/08/2022 at 12:01, BlueLightning said:

It's finally time to announce the identities of our Exclusive LBSC Lined Black E1s!! We will be producing 2 locomotives

The first, number 113, which was nice and local, spending some time at Eastbourne. In this condition is it suitable from c.1910 until c.1928 when it received it's Southern livery and a renumber to B113

113_small.jpg.843913ccd3f61e32fe868599eb94f88d.jpg

The second loco will be "Loco Dept. New Cross." Formerly number 111. In this livery it is suitable from June 1908 until June 1922 when it was renumbered 611

newCross150.jpeg.889ee030acf0181d24e65b0c06a8c100.jpeg

For the full announcement see our blog here

To pre-order number 113 click here

To Pre order Loco Dept New Cross click here

Gary

Very much liking the sound of no.113. I was originally planning on ordering 2151 SR black, but may have to reconsider! I have seen the recent colour CAD of 2151…do you know how the LBSCR black livery will differ? Red lining I presume?

Edited by Mizuno57

13 hours ago, Mizuno57 said:

Very much liking the sound of no.113. I was originally planning on ordering 2151 SR black, but may have to reconsider! I have seen the recent colour CAD of 2151…do you know how the LBSCR black livery will differ? Red lining I presume?

It'll be LBSCR Goods Black, which is overall black 'LBSC' on the tanks and lined out in Double Red Lining Like this E1 from Plumpton Green.
What I am trying to figure out is if I can afford another E1!

I've got my eye on Marsh Umber...
Kind Regards,
Gary

8 hours ago, Matloughe said:

It'll be LBSCR Goods Black, which is overall black 'LBSC' on the tanks and lined out in Double Red Lining Like this E1 from Plumpton Green.
What I am trying to figure out is if I can afford another E1!

I've got my eye on Marsh Umber...
Kind Regards,
Gary

Thank you Gary. Splendid layout too. It took most of my attention at Warley last year.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 04/06/2023 at 22:54, Olive_Green1923 said:

As Gary says, hopefully just like the one on Plumpton Green, but I haven't had any artwork mock ups from Rapido yet.

Gary

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

As Gary says, hopefully just like the one on Plumpton Green, but I haven't had any artwork mock ups from Rapido yet.

Gary

Thanks. Are you expecting to receive any mock-ups and are there timelines on when we can expect them? Can’t seem to find anything on the retailer or Rapido websites.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Very disappointed to hear this about 113, as if understand the livery history correctly it was the only model on offer correct for 1918. So either a repaint of another version required or some one to tell me that I have my history wrong! I assume I will be hearing directly from Traintimes about my order and the return of my deposit. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stephen,

Yes, we are very disappointed too, we had been very excited about this project. I believe you are correct about 113 being the only engine correct for 1918, it was also the only engine correct for my under construction exhibition layout, so I will also be repainting another version at some point.

We will be contacting everyone this coming week to arrange return of deposits paid.

Gary

• Friendly/supportive 3