RMweb

Templegate Wagon Works

• RMweb Gold

VERY inspirational! I'd love O gauge but I don't have the r.... oh, maybe I have! 😆 The traverser thingy looks interesting, with the window catch wotsit. Does that line up the tracks perfectly? Please tell us more about this and the baseboard when you can - and bear in mind that some of us are not very bright (especially when it comes to the technical stuff) so do write slowly and draw pictures where necessary ;) 

Cheers, 

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 14:12, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

Andrew

Not a lot in the baseboard construction. 2x1 softwood timber frame with 6mm ply on top. Basically, a bit of string and a pencil to get the radius of the sector plate, cut the curved edge, then attach the sector plate with a screw at the pivot point. Lay the track onto the sector plate ,then attach the casement and its 'stop' (or whatever the stubby bit is called!). You can then line up each track to its respective 'stop' and stick it down. To be honest, its harder to describe than actually do! Hopefully the picture will help.......

On another note Templegates 2022 tour continues in St Neots this Saturday, at the Phoenix centre. My star operator the glamourous Cathy and the equally glamourous Ellie (the border collie) will be putting in an appearance in the afternoon, along with my mum!!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

20201210_151157.jpg

OK. That’s a ruddy brilliant idea. Using the window casement to operate the sector plate.

Ian

• Agree 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

For anybody interested in seeing how the window casement works, Clive and I will be giving demonstrations over the weekend in a ruddy great big barn near Birmingham Airport ........Stand D11.

Don't you mean Clive will be demonstrating?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...

For those of a strong constitution, or those with nothing better to do, Templegate will be appearing along with myself and Clive at the DeFine do at Risley (note, I didn't put Ripley this time Clive) between Nottingham and Derby on Saturday (details in the Exhibition section). We may even run something, but don't hold your breath!!

• Like 1

Well, a splendid day at Risley yesterday, even though Clive rolled in later than planned! Young Brendan stepped in for a while and aquitted himself well........Sadly no pics of Brendan in action although this rolled in, courtesy of the lads on Cowley Yard. Sadly, we couldn't shunt with it cos it was as long as the sector plate, but it looks nice!! Next stop, Southampton at the end of the month..

324395494_841847850440224_8527964435869939606_n.jpg

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

They've not rumbled us yet, so we shall be turning heads and demonstrating window fittings north of the border, at the SCCCCCCC in Glasgow to be precise, for the next 3 days. We're the good looking ones next to Steve Farmer (Sf315 of this parish) and his cake-Icing display!

Feel free to come along and poke fun at the operatives. 

333227652_1838537366531478_3916335987311104927_n (1).jpg

• Like 6