Railway & Modelling Obituaries

roundhouse

• RMweb Premium

Very sad to hear this. Andrew C will be missed, in particular for his ways of bringing some wonderful descriptive words into the RMWeb world.

Thoughts are with Liz and his family.

Baz

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Andrew and I corresponded regularly a few years ago through the old model rail newsgroup. Although we'd been out of touch for a while, I'll miss his insightful comments on the world of model railways and on life in general.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Apologies; I've only just found this.

That's a shock; although I never (knowingly) met him we did exchange some contact and he struck me as remarkably thoughtful.

RIP.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Apologies; I've only just found this.

That's a shock; although I never (knowingly) met him we did exchange some contact and he struck me as remarkably thoughtful.

RIP.

Thanks Andy

I have just written an obituary for the NMRABR magazine. I ran it past his wife Liz and she told me a humorous thing that Andrew used to say to people although I don't recall him telling me as it was some years later that we met them.

When he came back to live in the UK, Liz came a few days later departing Calgary on Halloween. Andrew would tell friends that she flew over on her broomstick. Thats the sort of great humour that he was renowned for.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I met Andrew once at a meeting of ER's in London a couple of years ago.  As Ian has said, a shock andhevwill be sadly missed, particulsrly for all the colourful new words that he invented to describe peopke that he came across.  

Jamie

• Like 2
  • Agree 2