RMweb

SWAG'23-Donations wanted for pre-event fund raising sale.

NHY 581

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

So, Rob, just to get this right, those who are donating will be putting their own ads up in the Classifieds but marking the ad as 'In Aid of SWAG' or similar?

Wouldn’t work for me I’m not a gold member so can’t post ads.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

So, Rob, just to get this right, those who are donating will be putting their own ads up in the Classifieds but marking the ad as 'In Aid of SWAG' or similar?

I think the intention is for Andy to raise a special forum area for this. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Morning Tim, 

Yes. I spoke to Andy on Monday. Let's keep it simple, hence my comment regarding my willingness to  post ads on behalf of others. 

How about , " All monies raised will be donated in support of SWAG RMweb Members day 2023"

Those outside of SWAG may not be that familar with what it actually is. 

Thoughts ? 

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 22/11/2022 at 20:25, NHY 581 said:

If anyone is unable to place ads then I'm happy to do so on their behalf. Just send photos and details to me via PM. 

We have a few bits to pop up but the more the merrier. 

I thank ewe. 

Rob. 

21 hours ago, AdeMoore said:

Hi Rob I’ve a fair few bits and pieces.

The postage and packaging thing I shy away from, so would collection from me or at Swag next year or A another show I attend (would only be local in Somerset Bristol or Bath area) have any legs? I know it depends on what I put up but in principle?

cheers

Ade

Hi Ade. 

I think I 'd hold off placing ads if you are unable to post out. If you you want to include anything in the Bring anf Buy, highlighting the donation to SWAG thing then I'm sure that will work.........

17 hours ago, AdeMoore said:

Wouldn’t work for me I’m not a gold member so can’t post ads.

However, if the postage thing can be resolved, please see post from yesterday as above. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

A quick update. 

I'm hoping to place the first ad in the classified section tomorrow evening and get the ball rolling on raising funds. 

Please look in those cupboards, shelves, dusty boxes, attics and other important little places to see what gems you have which would enjoy a new lease of life in a new home. 

I thank you. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, 

Ads are now appearing in the classified section. 

If you have any items to sell then please advertise them. If you are unable to do so then send details through to me by way of PM and I will post the ads on your behalf. 

I cannot stress enough the importance of raising funds to ensure this lovely event is able to continue. 

If  you download.jpeg-3-02.jpeg.2615a7b2227f8be90bc7785071a98785.jpeg

can assist, then please do. 

Thank you. 

Rob. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

The money is starting to trickle in but we are still a long way short of where we need to be able to finance next year's event. 

Please, if you are able to let something go from the Shelf of Accumulation then please advertise it. All contributions gratefully received. 

Alternatively, please look in the classifieds and see if there is anything you fancy. I'll be putting more items up over the weekend. 

I thank you. 

SB. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

The funds required to host SWAG '23 are pretty much there with a little more to come should the last couple of items in the classifieds sell. In particular, I'm grateful to CK and Chris H for making items available for purchase as well as a couple of donated items sent to me by Paul Corkrum ( Thumper ) and David Basford ( Fireirons). 

But we can still do with more people looking in cupboards and on shelves. We are a long way off securing funds for 2024. 

It doesn't have to be a huge amount. A old kit that raises £5 is  good enough. Every little helps us and it's not too late to advertise items. 

Please see what you can do. 

Thank you. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 09/12/2022 at 08:55, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

The funds required to host SWAG '23 are pretty much there with a little more to come should the last couple of items in the classifieds sell. In particular, I'm grateful to CK and Chris H for making items available for purchase as well as a couple of donated items sent to me by Paul Corkrum ( Thumper ) and David Basford ( Fireirons). 

But we can still do with more people looking in cupboards and on shelves. We are a long way off securing funds for 2024. 

It doesn't have to be a huge amount. A old kit that raises £5 is  good enough. Every little helps us and it's not too late to advertise items. 

Please see what you can do. 

Thank you. 

Rob. 

I can't post ads for some reason. However, I have some stuff that I could send to you for you to sell? If you have the time? Or I could send it to another victim?

Phil 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I can't post ads for some reason. However, I have some stuff that I could send to you for you to sell? If you have the time? Or I could send it to another victim?

Phil 

Phil, that's brilliant ! Thank you. 

Yes, we still need to raise cash to ensure this event can continue past 2023. 

I'll drop you a PM after Crimbo, if I may. 

Rob.