Z21 start + multimaus - any good?

meatloaf

Currently i have a prodigy dcc02 advance.

Im looking to get into 009 / HOe. Ive seen a set i like the look of from Roco. Loco + 3 coaches + Z21 dcc system and a load of track which is a larger radius than the peco track.

Is the Z21 system any good with ther multimaus? Im happy enough with my prodigy so could just sell the Z21 to recoup some of the funds

Hi,

It will be a z21 coloured white, and not a Z21 which is black, and I think it might be a wired maus, but some are sold with a wifi maus - either way excellent products. I have a wired and wireless maus onto a Z21 - the reason I have the wired one is that I keep losing the wireless one! Also, when exhibiting you need to avoid anything wireless.

The Roco loco is an excellent loco, and it will come with a Zimo decoder fitted - all in all, very good value.

There are two white coloured (little z) z21 systems.

The z21 and z21 Start.

The DCC system is a z21 Start, as mentioned in the title to this thread.

The Start is supplied with the red coloured, wired (tethered) MultiMaus.

It doesn’t have any WiFi capability out of the box, so the black coloured, WiFi (WLAN) MultiMaus won’t work with it.

Neither will a smartphone or iPad.

However, an upgrade kit can be purchased, to upgrade the z21 Start to a z21.

This will allow the WLAN MultiMaus,  plus smartphones and iPads with the Z21 app to be used with the system.

• Informative/Useful 1

I started off with a Roco MultiMaus starter set, just to get up the learning curve a bit.  I eventually bought a Z21 (black) and a booster with two WLAN Maus (Mause?) when I built my "proper" layout.  I'm very pleased with it.  The rotary controls are one of the best features for me.  Support could be a bit better but it is adequate, especially if you can interpret the slight oddities of German-English and is preferable to my mind to USA terminology.  Updates are easy using an iPad.

Peterfgf

• Informative/Useful 1