RMweb

Hornby Hobby rewards

CUCKOO LINE

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Hroth said:

Would the HH points apply to pre-orders that havn't been fulfilled yet?

(thinking TT preorders!)

Yes you get another 200 points for having an existing preorder. I’m not sure if it’s 200 per preorder. Also a 30sec survey gives you another 200. 

• Informative/Useful 1

I think the points are only for one pre-order. I have four outstanding and have not received any additional points - as already mentioned you get an extra 200 for answering the quick questionnaire - I now have 600 points. 

I have found that with the Club discount the price is almost always the same as the box-shifters - sometimes there may be a 1p difference.

Edited by Bulleidboy100

On 22/11/2022 at 17:55, Hroth said:

Would the HH points apply to pre-orders that havn't been fulfilled yet?

(thinking TT preorders!)

I wondered this on my 00 preorders - the Ts & Cs say: "You will earn points on any pre-orders. These will become active 14 working days after receipt of your product. During the wait for delivery of your pre-order, these points will appear as pending." (source: https://uk.Hornby.com/community/my-hobby-rewards?filter=all&page=1#rewards_terms). So it looks like you get the points as with any other purchase.

I signed up a couple of days ago. Immediately credited with 200 points for joining and 200 for "The Easterner". For doing the questionnaire, 200 more will be credited after a 24 hour pause.

Dunno what I'll use them on, track I suppose...

• Like 1

For someone going into TT:120, joining the Hobby rewards scheme is a no brainer-

Buy an A4 as a punter not in either scheme- price is £145.99   (plus p&P which I'm going to ignore.)

Being a TT:120 club member takes the price down by 15%, or £21.90, so a member pays £124.09.

The rewards scheme will give 10% in points, so £12.40 towards the next purchase.    The A3 to follow the A4 then starts at £145.99 less £12.40 or £133.69.......

This assumes the points and discounts start at the lowest available figure and don't apply to postage (despite eBay and HMRC including p&p when applying fees.)

Les

NB- please don't recalculate and say it is more- these are illustrative figures and I don't guarantee to be correct to the penny, just illustrating the principle.

Edited by Les1952
typos as usual

53 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Postage is free over £50 on the Hornby website. I've bought stuff like a couple of wagons and topped it up with an Airfix kit before today. So you can mix and match the other ranges.

Might be different for those outside the UK.

Jason

I'd forgotten that.  Many thanks.

Les