Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Thank you!

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

I’m sure you are not the only one who has been helped in this way by the forum. Support comes in many forms so they say 😁

Immediately after my bereavement in 2012 comes to mind. The outpouring of warmth and support here was amazing (to use an overworked adjective). 

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Tony Wright said:

I tell lies!

I don't believe you.

Seriously, though this has always been a wonderful place to visit and I put t down to Andy's balanced approach in managing us and giving us an occasional slap on the wrist or a swift kick off the forum as appropriate, so thanks Andy for creating a safe space where we can open up. 

Edited by 96701
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 23/11/2022 at 16:53, AY Mod said:

When you've gone to the trouble of sending me lengthy, waffling brain dumps of such interest it's always a pleasure!

You missed your calling, you should have joined the Diplomatic Service 😉

Signed

A Lurker

(Who, while I do not post much, appreciates AY and all who share so freely of their knowledge on here).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/11/2022 at 20:06, RedgateModels said:

I’m sure you are not the only one who has been helped in this way by the forum. Support comes in many forms so they say 😁

I'd say most of us have been helped by it to some extent or other - providing a bastion of continuity during the Covid lockdowns for example.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

Late to the party as always, but may I just add my two-penn'orth of thanks to the moderators and contributors here for their hard work, advice, and generous contributions.  Having lurked for a few years before joining as I started to wonder, 'Where have all the goods trains gone?' I found much useful information.

The photographs especially, that are still appearing, inspired me to start building a layout during Covid instead of selling all my model railway 'junk'.  And most enjoyable it is as well having a pastime that creates something, even if rarely to the standard of realism you would wish.

Sorry my postings consist mainly of questions, but thanks again to all who manage the site and comment.  My warmest regards to you all.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Realise that I'm a little late, but a very big thank you from me for all that you have done for RMWeb, in fact for most of us you are RMWeb!

Hopefully the only problems you get now are computer related and not people. Can't remember the last outbreak of virtual violence on here and for that we have to thank your wise leadership.

Do you have any time left for your own modelling?

With best wishes, Barry 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1