Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Thank you!

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Nah, I suspect a bigger cause of an early retirement would be the repetitive, self-destructive process of chasing ad fixes in the relevant department(s)!

Though it probably doesn't help that he has to read and respond to my lengthy, waffling, essay-like emails that he quite often receives on a Sunday night (or at some other unhelpful time)!

I don't think anyone can truly grasp that magnitude of hard work that Andy puts into both RMweb and BRM. 'Thanks' doesn't seem enough in the slightest...
... who'd have thought that toy trains would create so much work!

• Like 3
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

he has to read and respond to my lengthy, waffling, essay-like emails that he quite often receives on a Sunday night (or at some other unhelpful time)!

When you've gone to the trouble of sending me lengthy, waffling brain dumps of such interest it's always a pleasure!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Probably an appropriate place to express my thanks to Andy for getting it all going and sticking with it through the tough times, I hope things are a bit easier at times now with Warners back up.

I'm stuck in hospital for a while so this is an outlet to a small, safe part of the real world.

Although my modelling pretty much came to a halt ten or more years ago I still take interest in what others are doing and offer a little, probably outdated, advice if it seems applicable.

Main thing is 

THANKS ANDY!!!

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

And than you back to you and the team, even the less willing elves who you have to chase up 😄

Rmweb has been a huge help to get models working, meet other nutters and just share your musings and get feedback. 
Most importantly though it’s provided a helpful lift in bad times from the friends made via here and in just having a bit of normal when you click into the link and see someone else’s perfect little world to escape the real one for a bit 👍

On that note I’m feeling all positive and in need of a nice bit of cake 🍰

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 9
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Running a forum can be incredibly time consuming and annoying. To manage one this size AND do a real job is exceptionally good going.

Keep spinning those plates and we'll keep filling the disks up with inane drivel.

Thank you for the music Sir and keep on doing it :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for all your work over the years.

I always enjoy "looking in" each day, there is so much to read and so many photos to study.  Thank you for letting me and others put so many photos on the site, I enjoy doing it and seeing the work of others.

You had the foresight to see the need for a forum where there could be lots of photos to illustrate the threads.

I hope you will be able to continue running RMWeb with Warners for many more years.

David

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

The breadth of topics, not just hobby related are a credit to Andy and the team. From cats to F1, mental health to curries its all there and plenty of help too boot. Ask a question and you will get an answer. Not sure my wife or credit card like the new release topics, but that's life. We'll done chaps. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I can only echo what others have said! 

So much has been contributed to my modelling and railway knowledge by members of this forum. I have also had material gains from forum members and hope I have been able to support others to some small degree in these matters.

None of this would have been possible without the huge contribution made by Andy …. And others . I cringe at some of the vitriol I see directed at the forum and at individual members elsewhere on the web, and give thanks for the ability of those facilitating this valuable resource to deflect and ignore it.

I have one complaint however. When I go to model railway shows I spend at least half the time woffling to folks I have met on here! Less time for layout viewing and purchasing essentials… oh perhaps that’s a good thing after all. Railway modellers are not social

animals? Utter nonsense….

Thank you Andy Phil and friends…

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Utter nonsense…

Absolutely!

3 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

I spend at least half the time woffling to folks I have met on here!

It's cos you bribe them with Mrs B's baking!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

This forum is a blessing and has made more of an impact on people’s lives than merely “playing with trains”.

Throughout the pandemic it kept us in touch, kept us modelling and really created a sense of fellowship and community. People I have never met personally feel like friends.

For that I will always be grateful Andy, the ongoing support for those who are unfortunate to be struggling is so important now and in the future - we have a mutual interest that connects us all regardless of scale, era, location, etc.

Edited by 08221
  • Like 12
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Andy, you do so much. Most people who do something for a paid job would not do things in the evening, weekend, holidays and fight the member's corner. At the same time you have to balance the needs and desires of Warners that the site at least washes its face and at the same time the desires of the members some who may not contribute through paying for membership but do with the content they post. 

• There is so much inspirational content
  • There are so many knowledgeable people that the site is like LinkedIn for modellers. 
  • It provides a space where people can give support to each other not only on modelling but on so many other topics. 

Being an admin on a good number of railway admin groups I appreciate the sorts of things you have to deal with and having to read every post no matter whether you are interested in it or not. 

Long may it continue 

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

Had you not set me up on RMweb with Wright writes a decade ago when I was in the grip of 'The Black Dog', I doubt if I'd have recovered as quickly.

You said you'd never get on with the internet. 😁

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

Many thanks Andy,

Had you not set me up on RMweb with Wright writes a decade ago when I was in the grip of 'The Black Dog', I doubt if I'd have recovered as quickly.

Kind regards,

Tony. 

I’m sure you are not the only one who has been helped in this way by the forum. Support comes in many forms so they say 😁

• Agree 10