Dapol OO - JHA bogie wagons

AY Mod

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I had a good look at these at the weekend and I’m very much looking forward to the deco samples. Nice weight, wheels span well and the shape is bob on. They’ll be a welcome addition to a stone train that I don’t even need for my layout 😂

I’m now looking for a consortium of people to help me fund the shrink ray option as a Joel isn’t keen on doing them. 

Edited by Revolution Mike B
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Revolution Mike B said:

I’m now looking for a consortium of people to help me fund the shrink ray option as a Joel isn’t keen on doing them. 

Consortium or a persuasive group to make an offer he can't refuse?

I'd love a rake in N. And then there's the Procors that run mixed in with them and all...

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 28/11/2023 at 23:04, Steadfast said:

Consortium or a persuasive group to make an offer he can't refuse?

I'd love a rake in N. And then there's the Procors that run mixed in with them and all...

Jo

I assume the Procors are the ones that look nearly the same but have different ends on them, at the top/end they drop straight down to the sloped bit.... they also look a bit lower/squat than these being done by Dapol?

2 minutes ago, GEARJAMMER said:

I assume the Procors are the ones that look nearly the same but have different ends on them, at the top/end they drop straight down to the sloped bit.... they also look a bit lower/squat than these being done by Dapol?

Easiest way to tell them apart is the solebar is C section, rather than flush. The Procors are all inner wagons.

Wagon number 2 in this picture.

59004 6L21 Westbury

Jo

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Easiest way to tell them apart is the solebar is C section, rather than flush. The Procors are all inner wagons.

Wagon number 2 in this picture.

59004 6L21 Westbury

Jo

A very poor description on my behalf but yes thats the ones i meant. There is one parked next to the weighbridge presumably waiting repairs this week.

I noted there was a Hanson liveried JHA on the back of a truck either being delivered or taken away ( i suspect the latter) this week, cant remember if it was Thursday or Friday i seen it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

image.png.8aa84d9829acd4ee7666ae3a8b47028a.png

Thought I would repost an image so everyone could see here...

These are looking seriously good. Dapol's best wagon to date? it is certainly up there.

The Hanson variant may just have to make an appearance on Greenford! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, daz9284 said:

Hope they don't leave the discs brown, as they should be silver/ clean

Depends, they rust rapidly once the wagons are stationary! I would assume most would prefer polished though. 

13 hours ago, daz9284 said:

Aye when new and stationary, and not being used, just like disc brakes on a car. First brake application and the rust will be cleaned off.

Absolutely. That's the light orange rust colour after a day or two of inactivity. 

Brand new cheek plates can be a red oxide or black colour depending on manufacturer, but this coating wears off quickly, much like surface rust, after an application or two.

Jo

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

22 minutes ago, Adam1701D said:

We have asked for the brake discs to be changed to silver for the production batch.

Adam, just noticed on the samples the Balanced Maintenance sticker on the Hanson wagons is too wide. It's nearer to square on the real things. Is it too late to adjust that?

Pic linked from Flickr.

ARC19875 JHA 290720

Other than that, those samples look rather tasty! 

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 1