Hornby 2023 - Bluetooth decoders and control system

AY Mod

Apologies if this is a stupid question (I've only started looking at the HM7000 system today) but is it possible to control things like points and signals using HM7000 or is it just for locos? I've looked at the FAQs etc on Hornby's site and there is no mention, that I could see, of accessory control and all the available decoders etc seem to be loco related.

Edited by InterCity80s

Hi,

The initial launch was just for the loco decoders but accessory decoders are planned and the app already has a facility for accessory operation.

Regards

Nik

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jonnyuk said:

Class 81, is that model in the Hornby range, did not think so, is that a loco in need of a refresh, pointing to something down the line?

I think that’s a B1 you may be confused with?

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

i was on my phone, maybe i misread it, would make sense 🙈

In your defence it does look like an 8 until you zoom in, especially if you are wanting one to materialise! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, InterCity80s said:

Thanks Nik. I did download the app earlier and could see mention of an “Accessories Toolbar” but without it being connected to anything I couldn’t really work out what that did. 

Presently 6010 modules works as an accessory decoder, but with the advent of the dongle legacy acc decoders will be operable from the app via a suitable Xpressnet controller.

You search for and link a 6010 module just the same as you would a HM7K  loco decoder. Here are 4 such modules in place. They show in the control screen as a scrollable selection above the locos ribbon, if selected to show in settings.

IMG_1538.jpeg

Edited by RAF96
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

I think think problem has been mentioned before but I'm blowed if I can find it so if anyone has any thoughts it would be appreciated.

Hornby 08, been running fine with an old Lenz 1025 chip.

Installed an 8 pin bluetooth sound and the install went absolutely fine even on our slow 2 wire broadband.

Running though was dire, using the slider it would move a few cm, stop then move off further, apparently running ok then stop with the chip number in blue going to red. It would reconnect, move off then do the same. Was the same with sound on.

Tried on DCC with the same result. Replaced the Lenz and checked all wheels picking up, clean track, etc. Ran fine, replaced HM chip and as before.

Rather exasperated put the chip in a ViTrains 37. Runs fine on both bluetooth and DCC.

Well aware sound chips are far more sensitive to loss of power however brief but this was plain track.

Cheers

Stu

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Have you tried running the "auto tune" are whatever it's called to tune the decoder output to the motor? sorry can't remember what page of the big fat  decoder manual but it's towards the end.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

Have you tried running the "auto tune" are whatever it's called to tune the decoder output to the motor? sorry can't remember what page of the big fat  decoder manual but it's towards the end.

Appendix 6 Auto-calibration page 132.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, lapford34102 said:

I think think problem has been mentioned before but I'm blowed if I can find it so if anyone has any thoughts it would be appreciated.

Hornby 08, been running fine with an old Lenz 1025 chip.

Installed an 8 pin bluetooth sound and the install went absolutely fine even on our slow 2 wire broadband.

Running though was dire, using the slider it would move a few cm, stop then move off further, apparently running ok then stop with the chip number in blue going to red. It would reconnect, move off then do the same. Was the same with sound on.

Tried on DCC with the same result. Replaced the Lenz and checked all wheels picking up, clean track, etc. Ran fine, replaced HM chip and as before.

Rather exasperated put the chip in a ViTrains 37. Runs fine on both bluetooth and DCC.

Well aware sound chips are far more sensitive to loss of power however brief but this was plain track.

Cheers

Stu

I had something similar to this when I chipped my Flying Scotsman (modern tooling A3 - the NE Black version) - in my case I cured it by attaching the Hornby stay alive. 

• Thanks 1

Not really related to the HM7000, but for the people that wish to have DCC sound on an Analogue layout and are worried about the HM7000 analog issue, have you considered trying a wifitrax decoder? It's a chip that plugs into an existing decoder so you can use any NMRA decoder and it can run on a DC or DCC power supply. I would recommend turning the controller up before placing the locomotive on the track.

Edited by Trainnoob
Removed 'We' from a sentence because it sounded like an advertisement.
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, The Meerkat said:

hi all,  

did i read right that the dongle is march?

I read on the Hornby Forum that they should be arriving with Hornby in January. When Hornby release them into the wild however. I do know I will be going out to get one as soon as I can.

• RMweb Premium

Hoping that the dongle arrives before Easter, so that I can give a try out on Deadmans Lane at York ex connected to my Lenz

Having read of some issues with wireless systems in "noisy" environments where every man and his dog has bluetooth and wifi enabled phones, searching for connections scrambling the airwaves it will be interesting to see how it copes.

• Like 2

Gaugemaster had it as "coming soon" in this post:

https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/news/article/view/id/1661/ 

It is curious. In the list of 2023 model updates given to World of Railways by Hornby, it listed the Legacy Dongle as not coming until March 24th. Not that I'm complaining about getting a product 1-2 months early! 

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/news//Hornby-releases-update-on-2023-announcements

Edited by GenericRMWebUsername

1 hour ago, GenericRMWebUsername said:

Gaugemaster had it as "coming soon" in this post:

https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/news/article/view/id/1661/ 

It is curious. In the list of 2023 model updates given to World of Railways by Hornby, it listed the Legacy Dongle as not coming until March 24th. Not that I'm complaining about getting a product 1-2 months early! 

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/news//Hornby-releases-update-on-2023-announcements

i wont either,  something really been looking forward in trying 

• Like 1