KR Models business model etc

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Premium

Is it me or has it all gone quiet on the KR front ?  Shouldn’t the Leader and 4DD have arrived or be on their way ?  Don’t seem to have had any announcements for a while - I think the last was the WD 2-10-0 . 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Please remember that we have had Chinese New Year since 13 Feb, which can cause a big hiatus to anything from China.

The biggest reason for a lack of updates is that there is nothing to update.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Adam1701D said:

Please remember that we have had Chinese New Year since 13 Feb, which can cause a big hiatus to anything from China.

Although being lunar based the New Year celebration only lasted from the New Moon on 10th February 2024 to the following Full Moon, which was 24th February. But it is certainly a big hiatus every year.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Legend said:

Is it me or has it all gone quiet on the KR front ?  Shouldn’t the Leader and 4DD have arrived or be on their way ?  Don’t seem to have had any announcements for a while - I think the last was the WD 2-10-0 . 

I saw them at Alexandra Palace and they said that they expected delivery of the Leader and DD within the next two months.

Ray

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 06/01/2023 at 23:14, black and decker boy said:

Cheap & cheerful. Accuracy based on “looks about right.” Crowd funded. Fairly charmless as a business.

Not a problem to some but grates when advertised as something better than produced.

said as a potential customer for the The Scunthorpe Hunslet Bo-Bo, torpedo, Palbrick and DHP1. 4DD was an option but current EPs put me off. I’ll have a 40 if it’s a better model than has gone before.

i won’t buy up front from KR. I’ll buy if model is decent and still in stock at a retailer. I won’t lose sleep if I miss out, life’s too short (same applies to be Accurascale / SLW / RevolutioN etc).

Have to admit visiting the stand at Ally Pally in order to get a close up and personal look at the 4DD, I would describe the guys there as "characters" and are certainly full of enthusiasm but maybe perhaps not displaying the same reassuring professional front as say the AS or Cavalex crew, I still look forward to being satisfied seeing the final decorated 4-DD and making a purchase.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 26/03/2024 at 12:44, Legend said:

Its a little quiet for all manufacturers

Ally Pally was noticeably absent of announcements (Palvan was the only one I saw). 

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1