Southampton MRS Exhibition, Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th January 2023.

EmporiaSub

• RMweb Premium

Be aware if intending to travel by train from the east, line is shut with replacement buses from Chichester all the way to Southampton all weekend. 

I was going to attend but the thick end of four hours on a bus meant it just wasn't worth it sadly.

• Informative/Useful 1

Car is loaded with Daisy Sidings of on its first outing.

1. I hope that it survives being sat in a cold car overnight.

2. I hope that it shake itself apart on the journey.

3. I hope that I haven't forgotten anything. I have a list and checked it twice.

4. I hope that I have enough room  left in the car for the EM Gauge society stand and Richard. Seats are pushed forward and he has long legs.

Andy

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Popped in today and managed a few photos as well as getting pretty much everything on my shopping list...I enjoyed a chat with various others including a viewing of the legendary Bath Queen Square turntable, an encounter with Helston Andy and an opportunity to talk weathering with Elliot Cowton.

A cheeky visit to AC models on the way home did lead to the acquisition of something that was not on my shopping list..

Here are my photos anyway..click on the photo for a link to the album..

Chris H

Southampton Model Railway Exhibition 2023

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 4

Well the layout survived the journey and ran very well today. Quite a few people had a go at the shunting puzzle with varying levels of success but all with a big grins. I managed a quick look around the show and there are some cracking layouts. Some are familiar faces, others new to me. 

Andy

• Like 3