RMweb

Cavalex - New Class 60

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KDG said:

Need to produce a large run of JNA / MMA now.....

Fortunately we’re working on a second batch of JNAs/MMAs at the moment - just working on the additional tooling needed to produce some of the newer versions. Will go well with of the newer Cavalex 60s!

Sorry for butting in!

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, Revolution Mike said:

Fortunately we’re working on a second batch of JNAs/MMAs at the moment - just working on the additional tooling needed to produce some of the newer versions. Will go well with of the newer Cavalex 60s!

Sorry for butting in!

@Steadfast has some rather nice photos of 028 on your rather nice box wagons:

60028 6Z50 Hamstead Crossing

Oxford bound blue Brush

A natural choice for the modern modeller - and good timing for the second run 😉

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

54 minutes ago, Revolution Mike said:

Sorry for butting in!

That's fine Mike, no problem.  Good news.  Missed out on them last time around.

12 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

We'll go for a few more shall we?

Fareham bound Tug 44

A few of the forthcoming Cavalex O&K boxes in here, behind a trio of Revolution JNAs.

60044 'Dowlow' is sat in Westbury Down Yard waiting its 05:00 departure with 7O35 to Fareham. The 16 boxes won't challenge the 60, but it was a regular turn that the trio of 60s took on whilst in the area during summer 2019.

60001 7V98 Westbury

Dapol O&K JHAs.

Overnight freight trains often have the luxury of running early. 60001 was over two hours early getting back to Westbury with 7V98 from Eastleigh. However, once it got to Merehead it would be sat waiting for the morning shunter to book on and let it in, so the driver elected to wait at Westbury for a couple of hours, where the driver's cabin is better equipped than that at Merehead. Having run round and ready to go closer to right time, 60001 sits under the yard lights at Westbury on a set of O&K hoppers. 7V98 is the return working of 7C59 and 7O43, the Merehead - Westbury (run round and headcode change) - Eastleigh stone.

60019 6H27 Cardiff Central

Something BBA based - BLAs?

60019 rolls through Cardiff Central with a load of steel coils in tow on 6H27, one of the trips from Margam to Llanwern.

60013 6A74 Crofton

Forthcoming Dapol ARC JHAs.

60013 'Robert Boyle' rounds the curve at Crofton at the head of 6A74 Whatley - Theale. It was a mad dash across Wiltshire for this, from memory (and a quick Flickr search) there were quite a few people here for this one!

60024 6E01 Gateway West Jn

Bachmann BYAs

60024 passes Gateway West Junction with its train of BYAs on 6E01 Wolverhampton Steel Teminal - Boston Sleaford Sidings

60059 6B13 Westerleigh Jn

None of the TEAs modeled by Cavalex but a multicoloured selection, mostly of the type done by Revolution.

60059 has a light load of only 14 loaded tanks in tow as it approaches  Westerleigh Junction with 6B13 Robeston - Westerleigh Oil Terminal. The train would have to run north and run round at Gloucester before heading south to gain access to the Westerleigh branch.

Despite all the 4mm malarkey being a bit big and grown up for me, I'm thinking an EWS one done up as number 65 might look nice in the cabinet. Though I guess I'd have to get myself scanned by Modelu to finish it off 😉 It's amazing how 60065 keeps hanging on, this was 2019 and it still did mainline trips in 2022's Sandite season. One of my favourite Tugs with its fading, patch painting and rather large nameplates.

IMG_20190309_021919.jpg.64fb41c1bf16a9a9d211662240ee63bf.jpg

Jo

The brown TEAs in that rake look suspiciously like our TEAs? Little hard to see though. 

Edited by RBE

2 minutes ago, RBE said:

The brown TEAs in that rake look suspiciously like our TEAs? Little hard to see though. 

All linked from Flickr if you want a zoom 😉

We've not had any of the type you're doing running out of Wales for a few years, the brown ones are a TDA (ribbed) and a TIA (continental) mix.

Jo

14 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

All linked from Flickr if you want a zoom 😉

We've not had any of the type you're doing running out of Wales for a few years, the brown ones are a TDA (ribbed) and a TIA (continental) mix.

Jo

Yes when I zoomed in I thought I saw the ribs. 

• Like 1

Crikey! I am starting to feel old! I remember the Lima model that was released in 1990 and the reviews of the Hornby model claiming it to be the best OO model of its time and a game changer. It looks like we are on the 3'rd generation of loco's and I wish Cavalex all the best with this one. Wondering if any loco has gone through 4 remodels. Time to model Snotrag sidings I think. 

Edited by keysan
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Excellent news regarding Cavalex forth coming release of their class 60 models. As a big fan of class 60s, most of the initial release of Cavalex class 60 livery’s models I have as Hornby class 60 models. If the Hornby models were “average”, I would have no hesitation in replacing them, however I don’t believe that is the case. (I could be proven wrong?). Also the cost of replacement unfortunately is a fact for me in these challenging “economic” times. Might not Cavalex have released a livery not done by Hornby as part of their initial release?(I know there would be very limited examples, I can only think of 3 livery’s: DCRail, DB60074, DB60062) I certainly will be purchasing their model, however it might be a later releases.

9 hours ago, keysan said:

Crikey! I am starting to feel old! I remember the Lima model that was released in 1990 and the reviews of the Hornby model claiming it to be the best OO model of its time and a game changer. It looks like we are on the 3'rd generation of loco's and I wish Cavalex all the best with this one. Wondering if any loco has gone through 4 remodels. Time to model Snotrag sidings I think. 

Class 37? 
Hornby, Lima , Bachmann 1st incarnation , Vi Trains, Bachmann 2nd incarnation, Bachmann current new tooling. And of course the forthcoming Accurascale model. 

Edited by 66738
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Hell , I'm old enough to remember that one being named in Birmingham .

I’m old enough to see them being built…

2C5F76F1-29C2-4C43-B7D7-0DAC2CD7C4A6.jpeg

04F39253-47E9-48A1-BDEA-CECF57A6CBA4.jpeg

487CA702-9CD3-4BFC-A373-00A7FD71A5D6.jpeg

good day that was, scored nearly a dozen off my list, and some export diesel being built too…

Didnt think only 15 years later i’d be able to see 60% of the fleet in Toton yard in a day.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, 66738 said:

Class 37? 
Hornby, Lima , Bachmann 1st incarnation , Vi Trains, Bachmann 2nd incarnation, Bachmann current new tooling. And of course the forthcoming Accurascale model. 

Could add the Triang on the front of that list, in its original pre ringfield incarnation.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, keysan said:

Wondering if any loco has gone through 4 remodels. Time to model Snotrag sidings I think. 

Actually quite a lot have been done 4 times… some models (25/66) has 3 currently in production.. only counting true “new” toolings, rather than upgrades, 37 & 47 & A4 is upto 7x rumours persist the 08 is to goto 6x many are at 4x… 

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 2