Cavalex - New Class 60

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

No one want to vote for the lost one 60006 then,it tends to be whats no more that becomes popular.

Now Hs2 is binned maybe any plans for future refurbs of 60’s could be affected… less construction work = less locos needed.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 03/10/2023 at 13:57, The Fatadder said:

Cavelex have yet to announce anything in Transrail.

Though my vote would be for an unbranded triple grey, given as well as being suitable for the released loco it would also be perfect for renumbering for anyone looking for a different sector / Transrail / Mainline / Loadhaul / Large Logo EWS triple grey loco (likewise for the 56)  So should hopefully appeal to multiple purchasers 

Another vote for unbranded triple grey here - I've not yet decided whether I want one 60 with a modern motor or two preowned Lima ones (one of which would be in EWS livery, the other in triple grey). I thought a good compromise might be to get an unbranded triple grey one and get an EWS patch logo transfer to put on one side.

That said, have there been any unbranded ones without nameplates (to make identity changes easier)? After a little web searching I found three photos of unbranded ones, but all three are named:

Also, it maybe better as one for the a batch for general sale rather than an exclusive.

On 04/10/2023 at 20:27, adb968008 said:

Now Hs2 is binned maybe any plans for future refurbs of 60’s could be affected… less construction work = less locos needed.

I can think of one person who may now be thinning his stockpile of 20s

60081 is looking lovely all fresh. I know I’ve mentioned his one before as have others but to have it in this ex works condition with all pipework painted would be superb, all within a special box 👌🏻😎

05C7BD44-7BFC-4A58-A6E9-31868903117F.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Was this GWR green and named IKB? Seem  to remember there was a fire and explosion which caused severe damage

On 08/10/2023 at 08:30, Shoey said:

60081 is looking lovely all fresh. I know I’ve mentioned his one before as have others but to have it in this ex works condition with all pipework painted would be superb, all within a special box 👌🏻😎

05C7BD44-7BFC-4A58-A6E9-31868903117F.jpeg

Was this originally named IKB painted in GWR Green, and was severely damaged by a fire?

1 hour ago, 7013 said:

Was this GWR green and named IKB? Seem  to remember there was a fire and explosion which caused severe damage

Was this originally named IKB painted in GWR Green, and was severely damaged by a fire?

Yes. Now owned by LSL and being cosmetically restored for them at Toton. 

Jo

3 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

It’s from my era of modelling, but I wonder if it’s short service life in this scheme ( 2000-05) would limit the number they can shift ?

Depends. Add in KABOOM sound function followed by “OH S#*T” and I recon you are on to a winner.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, rob D2 said:

It’s from my era of modelling, but I wonder if it’s short service life in this scheme ( 2000-05) would limit the number they can shift ?

Wasnt 37419 in DB limited to just 1 train, with the rest being storage, and dragged until sale to DRS ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/11/2023 at 17:20, adb968008 said:

Wasnt 37419 in DB limited to just 1 train, with the rest being storage, and dragged until sale to DRS ?

Pretty much , and the DB Bachmann 37 seemed to hang around on shelves forever …

• RMweb Gold
On 04/10/2023 at 20:27, adb968008 said:

Turned out prophetic..

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2023/12/db-cargo-to-upgrade-class-66s-to-withdraw-class-60-locomotives.html

Will DB sell the runners, or leave them to rot to scupper anyone else chances?

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well to be honest. The Class 60's have been with us for a while and times are changing. Perhaps DC Rail will take over the super 60's that were overhauled and I am sure that GBRF would be interested in them maybe? Sadly nothing lasts forever but I am grateful I was able to see them in the flesh from 1991 to 2017 when I left England. I am sure 60001 and 60100 will join the NRM this year once the 66/6's are in service. Also it will be the final tether that will be severed for my interest in UK freight as I am more into American and Canadian trains these days. But I will still buy the lovely looking Cavalex Models example when they come out. I will buy 60010 and a triple grey one that will see off my two Hornby models I now have. 

26 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

This intrigues me, why would the NRM want two class 60s?

Yes, I’d imagine they’d take 100 as the last designed and built U.K. loco ( if that’s right ?)

12 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Yes, I’d imagine they’d take 100 as the last designed and built U.K. loco ( if that’s right ?)

BR loco at least, I don't think the 92 entirely counts as that does it? Don't forget Clayton are still making locos too!

I am just intrigued as to why 60001 would be relevant/they'd want two.