Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Revolution announce TEA second run

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today, only bought two as I wanted to see them first before buying more. One has warped walkways, the other is fine.

have to say I’m not bothered, if did not read this thread I would not of gone looking nor spotted it.

they are by far the best wagons I have, superior to AS stuff I have, these really need to get more recognition, but alas is does not have AS on the box.

• Like 5

The problem with the walkways, on the 6 I have, is that some of the support legs are not glued properly and the holes in the walkways are catching on the edges of the tank hatches. Not all the supports fit into holes, only those that do need to be secured.  My solution was to place a little PVA adhesive on the back of the loose support legs using a pin, not much is needed, and then use masking tape to secure the walkway in place whilst the glue dries.  I didn't want to remove the tank hatches, so I applied pressure to the relevant part of the walkway to straighten it a bit.  They are not perfectly straight but look fine using the 2 foot test.  This only took a couple of minutes for each wagon.

I hope that this infprmation is of help to some people.

Another thing to mention, is that in each tank there is a large metal bar to add weight.  In one of mine, this bar had broken it's plastic mount and was loose inside the tank.  It was easy to pop of one of the tank ends, glue the bar in place, with 5 minute epoxy, and then pop the tank end back on, no glue required.

If you are not confident with doing these repairs yourself, then you can discuss with your dealer, but the fix is not that difficult.

Regards

Roddy

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...

I got my 6 this week. DSC05142.JPG.39077060bbf37aa86954688c6e982c0b.JPGDSC05143.JPG.f961633efc793496dc29fd326f28b498.JPG

Beautiful models too. Not found anything wrong with mine. Maybe I am just lucky :). However some are being resold on eBay at way above the RRP. Although these are really nice models so I am happy I got mine from Hatton's and TMC as well as one from Rails. No connection, just a happy bunny ;).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Woowooo437 said:

Have all accounts that ordered received these? Asking for a friend. 

Do you mean retailers or direct sales? All retailer orders have been despatched (though I think a couple sent last week are in transit). All fully paid direct orders went a couple of weeks back. 

Cheers Mike

20 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

Has anyone got 32 of these tanks and a Hornby Class 60 to haul them? I fancy watching a video clip of them on someone's layout ;). 

I have 14 behind a class 60 in Puma livery. See Instagram johnclark568

john

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

I have 14 behind a class 60 in Puma livery. See Instagram johnclark568

john

Thanks brother. I appreciate it and I am following you too. I only have my life coaching channel on there for now but I may make a new one for model trains and creativity. 

Thank You Mike. I had these on order from a very reliable retailer and was beginning to think that something had gone wrong and I'd missed them. They were dispatched to me today. I have to say while understanding you guys are a small business the fact that Rails and others had stock on December 7th and then some others apparently not are getting them until a month later must create a certain amount of confusion and chaos amongst your retailers and customers.   

• RMweb Gold

Recently got my new blue tanks out for a run alongside batch 1, and discovered they don’t seem to just be a re-run as expected but a lot of the detailing and separately fitted parts are a lot more refined and with better detail. Things like the hazard signs and such are much more vibrant and a bit clearer. 

I’ve noticed the new gratings on the top are a bit warped compared to the first batch, but it’s almost as if they are a little too long compared to the space available.

Also, but it’s hard to see in the picture, the blue is a different shade. Quite vibrant compared to the first run. A little disappointed as I sold one of my batch 1 blue tanks to get two of the batch 2 blue wagons so I had different running numbers and it’s quite stand out different now.

Batch 1 had extra decals for changing numbers and other extras, batch 2 doesn’t seem to have that. Not a big deal, just of note.

My favourite wagons I have by far, mostly because I live near the line for Grangemouth refinery and see these behind the Colas 70 very often. I have more blue tanks now than needed but I like having equal numbers.

IMG_8978.jpeg

IMG_8979.jpeg

Edited by Richy59
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1