Revolution announce TEA second run

AY Mod

• Moderators

Revolution TEA party!

Revolution Trains is producing a second run of its award-winning TEA tankers in 00 gauge, 1:76.2 scale.

The models were originally released in 2018, however since then we have received a steady stream of requests to repeat the models, and now there are some revised liveries available to offer we feel the time is right.

Revolution is offering the following models:

Liveries & Numbers

EWS

EWS.png

870203, 870247, 870282, 870309

VTG

VTG red.png

88117, 88130, 88134, 88140

VTG blue 1.png

88144, 88156

VTG blue 2.png

8370 7792 042-4

VTG blue 3.png

8370 7792 49-9

VTG grey.png

88167, 88169, 88170, 88173

Freightliner

FL1.png

Freightliner rebranded

FL2.png

Greenergy debranded

Greenenergy 1.png

8370 7792 026-7

Greenenergy 2.png

8370 7792 003-6,

8370 7792 017-6

Please note the graphic images are illustrative and not to scale.

The Revolution models feature our usual refinements including NEM couplers and detail variations such as ladders with or without anti-climb guards, single or bifurcated discharge chutes, two types of brake equipment and prototypical variations in manlid arrangements.

Since the first run of these models there have been some changes in the fuel transport market; the Greenergy tanks previously offered have now been debranded and are used mixed with the main fleets, largely on the Puma trains from Milford Haven to the west of England and the midlands.

Similarly the Freightliner liveried tanks were taken on by VTG and branded with their logo, and are now mixed with the blue and grey wagons in use primarily on trains between Humberside and the midlands.

Although these models were first released 5 years ago in 2018, Revolution understands that many modellers are suffering financial pressures so we have kept the MSRP the same, at £48.95.

The models are expected to arrive in the UK in the autumn.

Like all manufacturers with production in China, Revolution is working hard to minimise the ongoing impact of Covid restrictions such as sudden shutdowns or social distancing protocols.  These are causing delays both in manufacture, as fewer staff can work on production lines, and in sourcing electronic parts and other components. Revolution appreciates our customers’ ongoing understanding of these issues which are outside our control.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 3

3 hours ago, Pillar said:

Made my day to see this announcement! Four EWS ones preordered.  With the Cavalex ones they will recreate the Jarrow oil trains.

This is the EWS ones on the Jarrow tanks - unusual weathering remarkably consistent https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/ewsbogietank  https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/vtgtea and not so extreme as on the earlier type Cavalex have weathered so skilfully. https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/totalclassatea

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shoey said:

Would there be any chance of having the red VTG tanks with the smaller black VTG lettering rather than the slightly larger blue VTG lettering which were in the previous batch?

F547A8CD-0550-4934-A637-566CAB58A53A.png

The ex Petroplus batch have different bogies and brake rigging (and by extension, handbrake wheel position) 

Jo

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/02/2023 at 12:41, MrSimon said:

With N Gauge to follow yes…?

We'd love to but when we asked for expressions of interest a little while ago the silence was deafening.   Perhaps in another little while we will revisit.

2 hours ago, Shoey said:

Would there be any chance of having the red VTG tanks with the smaller black VTG lettering rather than the slightly larger blue VTG lettering which were in the previous batch?

As Jo rightly said, our tooling does not cover this variant unfortunately.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did I imagine there was a closing date for pre orders announced or are they going to be open for a while yet? For some reason I have the 20th March in my head. But I feel as if I’m wrong!

On 28/02/2023 at 20:59, Revolution Ben said:

We'd love to but when we asked for expressions of interest a little while ago the silence was deafening.   Perhaps in another little while we will revisit.

Tis a shame, I was out of the hobby for a while and missed out on these at the time. I don't see them come up on ebay so the current owners must be happy with them 🙂

• RMweb Gold
On 11/03/2023 at 11:42, XChris said:

Did I imagine there was a closing date for pre orders announced or are they going to be open for a while yet? For some reason I have the 20th March in my head. But I feel as if I’m wrong!

There’s no hard deadline but we’ve guaranteed that any orders from our retailers (or direct) by 27 March will be fulfilled as that will help us work out numbers. 

After that it will depend on whether stocks are available from us or retailers. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/03/2023 at 17:40, Revolution Mike said:

There’s no hard deadline but we’ve guaranteed that any orders from our retailers (or direct) by 27 March will be fulfilled as that will help us work out numbers. 

After that it will depend on whether stocks are available from us or retailers. 

Crikey! I’d best get my order sharpish…

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, packetlos said:

I know I keep banging on about this, but no demand for a re-run of these in N?

image.png.343ad59bc3b3721f2c969d4df68bf099.png

Did you see the post by @Revolution Ben on February 28th? Little response to expressions of interest for a second run in N. All your post shows is that at least two people are prepared to pay £33 each (that may, of course go higher) for a rake of 12 wagons. Hardly compelling evidence I’d say, and I speak as an N gauge modeller myself. 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

£33 a pop is a decent price, isn't it? What were they on release?

Best

Scott.

EDIT: Just checked. £26 and £27 (for the EWS ones) so a small premium on the 2016 pre-order price.  Still good value 7 years on, albeit the auction hasn't finished yet.

Edited by scottystitch
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, The Pilotman said:

Did you see the post by @Revolution Ben on February 28th? Little response to expressions of interest for a second run in N. All your post shows is that at least two people are prepared to pay £33 each (that may, of course go higher) for a rake of 12 wagons. Hardly compelling evidence I’d say, and I speak as an N gauge modeller myself. 

Lets see what they go for when the auction finishes, I guess any EOI response rate depends on how well it is marketed.

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

was sort of expecting to have heard something here on FB, but it seems to have been quiet 😂 stealth deliveries…

What were you expecting to be posted here?  Revolution Trains website is usually the best place to look for the latest information with regards deliveries and since they are not yet in the country, there is nothing worth posting about.  If the container from China is delivered to the UK on 20 November, and it then takes a week or so to clear customs, Revolution trains won't be starting posting out models until the end of the month, so I'd guess it will be the first week of December before we start seeing pictures on here, Facebook etc.