Peco West Highland Station and Signal Box

Legend

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, 64F said:

Based on the side-platform stations on the Mallaig Extension rather than the island-platform stations on the West Highland proper.  They looked nice.

Looks like Glenfinnan perhaps?

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Legend said:

Not seen this announced anywhere , but seen at Model Rail Scotland were some new products ideal for the West Highland . I would think these will be very popular 

076C2644-5B33-4A5E-BCCE-F69A2EB7A02E.jpeg

I had to do a double take when I saw who the manufacturer was ! They are models of Glenfinnan station and box. 

You may well have also seen the other manufacturer of west highland infrastructure on the Glenfinnan station / friends of the west highland line stand? 

4EF1E5CF-3364-4EB2-8151-C16A724907FB.jpeg

6F769B02-545B-40D8-9CAE-99C115FA985E.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

You can now kit build buildings for the "main line", the extension and Ballachulish. Once someone announces a Timber P we will have truly entered a golden age of West Highland modelling.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, meanach said:

And Rammstein2609 is hoping to get his finer laser cut kits for that big Bridge of Orchy style out in the next few months too when he gets a break in work. See his Tulloch Bridge thread, I asked how they were going last week and he’s hopeful it will be soon. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
On 01/03/2023 at 06:02, meanach said:

I had to do a double take when I saw who the manufacturer was ! They are models of Glenfinnan station and box. 

You may well have also seen the other manufacturer of west highland infrastructure on the Glenfinnan station / friends of the west highland line stand? 

6F769B02-545B-40D8-9CAE-99C115FA985E.jpeg

https://www.popupdesigns.co.uk/product-category/railway-scale-models/  Thought I'd add the link for anyone interested. Had a brief chat with the chap there who was saying that he expects to add a few more as time goes on. Obviously it's a fairly basic base but the images of the completed ones are quite inspirational and show they can make up into really nice kits.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I too noticed this at Glasgow. Great news for 00 modellers of the WHL. I’m doing Glenfinnan in O gauge and I’ve already got the station building and signal box commissioned from Dawson Hall.

I could do with the waiting shelter but, while Peco sounded like they might consider 0 gauge, I suspect it will be a long wait.

Andy

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm part way through building the station and it is quite an impressive kit - well made and fun to put together.

I did a lot of painting before assembly, the window frames looked like they'd be tricky to mask afterwards.

The layout is an everywhere and anywhere in Scottish layout so I'm not following any particular colour scheme - it's going to sit next to the Helmsdale signal box.

IMG_6124.jpg

front walls.jpg

• Like 11

I have kitbashed the signal cabin to suit Mallaig and fitted an interior. It will need lighting inside before I can fit the roof properly. This project has been a lot of fun and rewarding after 2 failed attempts to scratch build it.
Thanks Peco 👍

418E5AD6-4F58-4AC2-B56D-EEA8EFA01E7B.jpeg.925707d4cddb2ec3e0a9703e7ff86b33.jpeg

4E86842B-CD30-4711-B123-A85C3102A5A3.jpeg.4e4fbc48a206c5daab9a69542185b4cd.jpeg

C176F571-2EEE-4A81-AA94-2B6598D565B7.jpeg.15c14d00d7426c0b7c017b8003120062.jpeg

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, slow8dirty said:

Rannoch style station and signal box advertised in this month's modeller.. LK-215 & LK-216🥳

You mean completely different from the models above ie new models ? Interesting . I did think an island station building would make good sense .  Haven’t seen that news anywhere else . Is this in the October Railway Modeller ? Postman yet to deliver my subscription copy . Will have a good look at it . 

Edited by Legend

5 hours ago, slow8dirty said:

@grow45I suspect you found the answer, but for anyone else, for the LK-203 station kit, the drainpipes are also from wood, not plastic. Items 51&52 on sheet 2 I think.

Yes. I had thought they were plastic mouldings rather than part of the laser cut parts but realised after I had posted they were the laser cut parts.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...